110- Sweet n' Sour Vintage Review!

 Sunday, January 16, 2011


Why buy something reproduced and unoriginal when you can buy something with a story?

This has always been my case with vintage clothing. I just love looking at an article of cloth and being able to see history.


   So when I had the opportunity to review a piece of vintage clothing or accessory of course I jumped at the chance!

Sweet n' Sour Vintage is an etsy site privately owned by a very sweet lady who's  "only wish is that people enjoy these items as much as she enjoyed finding them." She says, "Vintage things have an intricate history and story that is endlessly fascinating to me." I couldn't agree more. 

Shopping at Sweet n Sour Vintage is a great online experience. When you click the link to open her etsy site everything is clearly labeled and categorized so you can easily find what you are looking for. You can also see that she spends a lot of time choosing what to sell as all of her items are spectacular and of great quality. I looked at her site for hours deciding what I liked most which was hard since she has so many neat and interesting pieces. 

The prices of her vintage items are very reasonable for the quality of vintage you are buying. I think every vintage shopper has bought items with moth balls or stenches that come with buying used. The vintage items at Sweet n' Sour have been picked for their condition as well as quality so even though the item is pre-owned it feels like new. 

Sweet n Sour Vintage offers a wide range of items from bathing suits and lingerie to belts and hats.

So what did I recieve from Sweet n'Sour Vintage? Let me show you!

I got a beautiful gold flower brooch and blue short sleeved dress. I am a jewerly horse and love the brooch and have already planned outfits that I can wear it with!


This lovely pin is in PERFECT condition. I seriously cannot even tell its old. The flower is beautiful and so dainty and the bow's gold is shiny. The pin works perfectly and its not rusty at all. This brooch adds a touch of vintage and character to any outfit while still being feminine and classy.

Before showing you the dress I got let me tell you how much I love dresses with sleeves. Im not a girl who wears strapless or spagetti strapes and love having my arms and shoulders covered. I was so pleased that Sweet n' Sour Vintage sent me a dress with sleeves without me even asking for them! She read my mind.


This dress is in amazing condition. No wrinkles! No smell! No sign or wear! Its unbelievable how new this looks. If it wasnt for the vintage design and style I would have never known this was old. 




I just think this dress is too cute. Its comfortable and the neckline with the buttons reminds me of schoolgirls for some odd reason.  The dress has an elasticized waist covered by a cute little belt in matching fabric. This dress covers everything while still showing your figure. The length is a bit long for me but thats alright and easily fixed! I was just so impressed with the quality of this vintage item. 


So I have already gone on and on about how amazing the condition and quality of Sweet n' Sour's items are. Im really not lying. These are my honest opinions and I am not getting paid to say them. I think I ought to mention Sweet n' Sour's shipping service.


The package I got from this etsy store was so well wrapped. The items came in tissue paper and were folded nice and neat. I hate when you open up a package and see a crumbled item inside and this was not the case. Her communication was great and she shipped the items very fast. 


I cannot recommend this etsy store enough


Please Check out Sweet n' Sour Vintage!

14 comments:

Renate January 16, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

whay a pretty brooch!!
I like it very well!!

Biba January 16, 2011 at 11:09 AM  

Looks like a very nice shop! I love the brooch too :)

Miss Blue January 16, 2011 at 12:04 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Miss Blue January 16, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

I'm great at typo's. Don't mind the previous post.
Love the brooch and the dress color! So cheery :)

Fey (TheNailExperiment) January 16, 2011 at 12:18 PM  

I love the post! And the new blog look! Soo cute I love owls!

Hanna January 16, 2011 at 12:29 PM  

Thanks for your lovely comment on my blog! I just went and checked out this shop! Love it! The red pumps and the dresses are my fave:)

Laura January 16, 2011 at 1:21 PM  

Thanks for posting this! I will consider buying from this etsy store in the future now!

Rossel January 16, 2011 at 1:32 PM  

hi! i am now following you from wbfc. have a great week!

Steffie January 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM  

I love vintage. I wish the styles of the 50' and 60's would come back. The broach is awesome.

necessary★nails January 16, 2011 at 1:51 PM  

Love the brooch! :)

I also tagged you with the Stylish Blog Award! :)
http://necessary-nails.blogspot.com/2011/01/stylish-blog-award.html

- Katherine

Katt January 16, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

gorgeous dress.

Hello, I tagged you with the Stylish Blogger Award :)

http://acetonenailblog.blogspot.com/2011/01/my-first-tag-stylish-blog-award.html

Heather Irwin January 17, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

Stoping by on Mailbox Mondays! I'm your newest follower. Stop by and check out my blog
http://feelinkindacrunchy.blogspot.com/
Thanks!

Silva January 17, 2011 at 10:21 AM  

Gorgeous brooch! Love it. I'm definitely checking out her shop!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP