114- Milani Neons Review

 Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Hello wonderful followers!

Since becoming a nail polish blogger I have tried most mainstream brands out there in the nail polish arena. There is definitely a small grouping of companies that I prefer to put on my nails. One of these brand is Milani.
When I own a Milani product I expect to own quality. I have always been pleasantly surprised with their nail products. As many of my followers know I love doing Milani reviews because it gives me a chance to rave about a great brand.

Today I am going to talk about Milani's Neon Lacquers.


From the Milani Website, "New specialty nail lacquers created to give your nails a POP of brilliance. These bright neon shades capture the explosion of color that has made an impact of the latest color trends and are here to stay."

I have Fresh Teal and Pink Rocks! 

I love the Milani Nail polish design. I think the shape is so easy to store in my ever growing collection and the black caps with the M is just classy and simple. The nail polish has .45 fl oz which I think is a good size. 

Onto the colors!

Both of these shades were a pain to photograph. Neons often are. These colors look so bright and true to the bottle in real life but in photos they look like jellys in less interesting colors. I did my best to try to capture the true shades.
Fresh Teal is a beautiful green blue neon color. In the bottle the color looks green but not the typical green neon. This one is my favorite shade out of the collection and compared to Pink Rocks! because it is not what I expect from a neon. We have all seen highlight neon green and this change of pace in the idea of neon green is spectacular and original. 
The color is much more like the color of the bottle in real life.
 The formula on Fresh Teal is wonderful it only took 1-2 coats to get it opaque. You dont even need a topcoat which is remarkable for a neon since they usually dry matte. A dupe of Fresh Teal might be the base of Custom Kicks from China Glaze but this is a neon instead of a shimmer.  
 I think this color is a real winner and I would definitely recommend it.

Pink Rocks!- a.k.a. the biggest pain to capture the color.
 Pink Rocks! is a feminine pink while still having a little neon edge. Its such a pretty pink and its so vibrant on your nails. The formula on this one was fine but it did take 3 coats. Like most true neons this dried to a flat like matte finish so it did need some topcoat.
Again this is closer to the color on the bottle.
Its like a Hawaiian pink creme/jelly in real life but it came out a red pink in these photos. This too is true to the bottle more than my shots. Either way this is one bold shade!

All in all this is yet another fantastic collection from Milani. Fresh Teal is gorgeous and a must have and Pink Rocks! is a very pretty neon pink. 

These shades retail for $4.20 each and you can find them at walgreens, cvs and other drugstores.

32 comments:

yourstrulypam January 18, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

Those nailpolishes look so pretty. I've never tried Milani nailpolishes but after your positive reviews about it, maybe I will try them.

Tommorow Will Be Sunny! January 18, 2011 at 6:47 PM  

Wow! These look fantastic. I love Milani bottles they are so nice. Thanks for writing this review.

Renate January 18, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

very pretty colors!!
ive heard a lot about milani...maybe I am going to buy something from it!
thanks for the review!!

Our Village is a Little Different January 18, 2011 at 9:12 PM  

Super cute! I like the pink. Thanks for the review. I'm stopping by while blog hopping. I'm following you now.

makeupbykatie January 18, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

Oohlala! I love the blue one. Cause even though I dont like neons that much...this one looks perfect for me!(=

Jo Frances January 18, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

Great idea showing how the colors look on---I'm sometimes disappointed when the color doesn't turn out the same as the bottle.

New follower from Wordless Wednesday.

Mia Y January 18, 2011 at 9:47 PM  

I LOVE THESE COLORS!!!!! I LOVE YOUR BLOG i am following you hope you can follow me Miayfashion.blogspot.com

Janna January 18, 2011 at 9:58 PM  

Awesome! I've wanted to try these for so long. I might have to soon.

Erica January 19, 2011 at 1:55 AM  

These look so vibrant and pretty!!!

Ellen January 19, 2011 at 7:47 AM  

Following you from the Follow Me Wednesday blog hop. I hope you’ll stop by and following my blogs back.

Ellen
http://the-socialites-closet.blogspot.com
http://confessionsofanover-workedmom.blogspot.com

ChicnSavvy January 19, 2011 at 9:34 AM  

LOVE THEM ALL!! Teal is just BEAUTIFUL!!

Lois January 19, 2011 at 10:36 AM  

great neons! I love fresh teal!

Hazel January 19, 2011 at 10:47 AM  

I love both colors!! i think the teal one is the same shade as my face shop one :)

Varnish Vixen January 19, 2011 at 10:57 AM  

Thanks for doing this review. I've been wondering what these guys look like since the bottles are opaque. :(

*Katia* January 19, 2011 at 11:33 AM  

new follower from the blog hop :)

The Rheinlander's January 19, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

I love the teal color. I have used Milani for years... Love it ; ) Following from Momcaboodle.
~Melissa
http://www.mnmrheinlander.blogspot.com
http://www.twitter.com/MSRheinlander
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Keeping-Up-With-The-Rheinlanders/142498255802871

Silva January 19, 2011 at 12:34 PM  

I'd forgotten how awesome the teal is...I'm lemming it again ;)

Silence is Loud January 19, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

i dont think i can concentrate in class anymore if i have this color on my nails!!! its toooo pretty!

lady_flower123 January 19, 2011 at 2:05 PM  

The first is gorgeous!!

xoxo ;*
Follow me if u want:
lady-flower123.blogspot.com

AnnKiins'♥ January 19, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Looks great! ^^
The pink looks really red in that picture ><

Texas Type A Mom January 19, 2011 at 6:09 PM  

I love the teal! I've never tried Milani before.

Following from a Wordless Wednesday linky! I'm a new follower - hope you'll stop by my blog when you get a chance - www.texastypeamom.com

Ambrosia January 19, 2011 at 6:22 PM  

New follower from the Follow Me Wednesday Blog Hop - hope you can stop by, too!

http://fabulouslydomesticbyambrosia.blogspot.com

Oreleona January 19, 2011 at 8:09 PM  

omg I LOVE the blue!!!
and ure welcome!!! :)

Lisa January 19, 2011 at 10:47 PM  

Found you through the blog hop. Glad I did because I LOVE nail polish! Can't wait to read more!

Please stop my blog when you get a chance.:)

http://thetollivertimes.blogspot.com/

Design It Chic January 20, 2011 at 8:54 AM  

Love the colors! Especially the teal one:) I am now following you thanks to Keeping Company Thursday and it would be so nice if you could share the love back on my blog:)
And don't forget to check our last Blog Tutorial that gives you an easy 3 step tutorial to protect your blog and the copyright of your content. Stay tuned for new tutorials coming up and plenty other new surprises! Happy Thursday!

Aphrodite's Mortal Friend (ME) January 20, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

I had never heard of this brand before and Im a sucker for nail paint!! Following from Thursday Friend Cafe- hope to see you by my place soon!

The Loops January 20, 2011 at 10:18 AM  

Hi I am your newest follower! YOu are the first nail polish blog I have ever read! I'd love for you to check out my blog!

http://theloops13.blogspot.com/

Four20moon January 20, 2011 at 7:23 PM  

I dig neon nails! Found your blog on Blog Hop :)

Stephanie January 20, 2011 at 8:16 PM  

I just want to say that I'm glad we're blogger friends and I follow you and you follow me. :) I love your blog... I thought of you the other day when I was making my last trip to Torrid (hopefully of my life... 49.4 lbs down!) and I bought some awesome Matte Purple nailpolish... it's so cute! When I use it (hopefully tomorrow) I'll make a post (just for you!)

These neon colors are SO hot!

Pinching Abe January 21, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

Probably a little loud for me, though my 9 year old would love these colors.

I'm here from a blog hop... nice to meet you! Please visit me sometime soon.

Clisty January 21, 2011 at 3:00 PM  

Found you on the blog hop fun follow Friday. LOVE the polish! I think we need some of that at our house! I'm a new follower, check me out if you get a chance, I'm just starting out.
Thanks!
Clisty
http://www.ruralgrace.blogspot.com

Jona January 25, 2011 at 5:44 AM  

didn't think that teal can be as fun! i'm following you also :D

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP