128- T-Shirt Tuesday with Banyantreeclothing Review!

 Tuesday, February 1, 2011


Happy T-Shirt Tuesday! Who doesnt love a T-shirt?


I love picking up a shirt with the knowledge that the specific piece of clothing was designed with love and made for customers at mind. Today most t-shirts are so mass produced that its hard to find a shirt that wasnt made 1000x. When I want to buy a feel good designed shirt I turn to etsy the best site to buy handmade goods. The shirts I find on the Banyan Tree etsy site feel like they are art!

I wanted to interview Banyantreeclothing and asked the owner a few questions:
What made you start your etsy site and how would you describe your etsy store?

In 1984, the year my son was born, I opened a small boutique in Eugene, the Banyan Tree. It started out of my love for design and screen printing. I got into garment dying because I couldn’t find the right colors for my designs. I then started designing clothing, too and it became this little cottage industry. Everything was made in Eugene. I did that for 12 years. I loved it til I woke up one day and realized that more of my time was being spent on simply running the business. I sold my store and went back to school to learn the computer-tech side of graphic design. (When I graduated originally, there were no computers, it was all done by hand. T-Squares, X-acto knives and rubber cement!) Anyway...after getting back into graphic design, I really missed making things with my hands, and selling them, so I found Etsy and a balance in my life happened. Best of both worlds.


Where do you get the inspiration behind your products?


Well, one of my tag lines is "feel-good designs". I like to emanate beauty and positivity in some shape or form in my t-shirt designs. I really design with the t-shirt as the canvas and the color of the tee as the background of the design. That's why you don't see many  designs offered on a different color. I get inspiration in just about everything I see.

I recently got a package of three shirts from Banyan Tree Clothing in the Mail and I couldn't be happier. One was a long sleeve and two were t-shirts.
The shirt I was most excited about receiving was called Thorned Rose and was a long sleeve. It is currently discontinued. I am so glad that Banyantreeclothing decided to send it to me anyway!


The design was printed on the SOFTEST longsleeve tee. The tag says it was made in India and it is 100% cotton. I am in LOVE with this tee. IT is going to be so useful in this cold winter!


The next design I got was a Cheshire Cat 100% cotton t-shirt. this is unisex and could be worn by both males and females. I am a huge fan of Alice in Wonderland and love the mystical and whimsical creates in the Lewis Carroll Book. The Cheshire Cat is now a famous character and looks great on this t-shirt.


The last shirt I got says Imagine on it. Who doesn't love the Beatles and John Lennon is famous for saying, “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one” – John Lennon." This shirt comes in men, women, and children sizes. I think its great and beautiful. The colors are vivid and wonderful! I love the tree and the purple, blue and green colors make a great combo.

You can buy the Cheshire Cat shirt here:

You can buy the Imagine shirt here:

I loved these shirts and would recommend Banyantreeclothing to anyone who likes printed shirts!

Check out the etsy site and tell me which shirt you like the most!

15 comments:

Patty Mitchell February 1, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

I love the imagine shirt! Im considering buying it for my daughter!

nail crazy February 1, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

lovely shirts, great design :-)

The Crazy Coxes February 1, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

Thanks for visiting! Those T's are darling!

Stacy Uncorked February 1, 2011 at 12:17 PM  

Those shirts are very cool! Thanks for stopping by my blog and following me - I'm following you now, too! :)

RTT: Snow, Ice, Dinos, Snuggie Envy

kyooty February 1, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. I do love the long sleeve tees.. now to go and keep looking.

SocialStudiesSoubrette February 1, 2011 at 1:45 PM  

I love the forget me not and iris shirts. What a great find. There are so many amazing shops on Etsy and it's so hard to find great ones. Thanks for showing us this!

I am following you back. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog and follow me. I truly appreciate it. Have a blessed week!

http://socialstudiesmomma.blogspot.com/

Renate February 1, 2011 at 2:28 PM  

funny shirts...love the rose!!

Possum Hill Farms February 1, 2011 at 3:25 PM  

Found you thru a Tuesday blog hop. Lovely blog, you have!

Whitney February 1, 2011 at 5:06 PM  

Cute shirts! I'll have to check out her site on Etsy...when I get some money. lol. Thanks for following my blog and leaving the sweet comment. :)

What's in a name.. February 1, 2011 at 9:50 PM  

Following you via Momsreview4you. Hope you will follow me too @ http://masalabowl.blogspot.com/

Sally Lee by the Sea February 1, 2011 at 11:05 PM  

Great t-shirts and wonderful interview.

I'm a new follower from the Tuesday Train. Please come by and leave me a comment & I'd be glad to follow you back!

Have a marvelous week.

http://sallyleebythesea.com

Jenny February 1, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

Those look really cute and look VERY comfy!!!

Found you on the blog hop! I'm your newest follower!
http://moenysavingtips.blogspot.com/

L. February 1, 2011 at 11:48 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog over the weekend via the Blizzard Blog Hop! I'm one of your new followers!

Raven February 2, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

Those are some sweet T-shirts! I love the Cheshire Cat one the best!

Robin @ Blommi February 4, 2011 at 1:07 PM  

I like the Cheshire Cat!

Now following your nifty blog, from FF :)

http://blommi.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP