132- Milani Glitter and Gems!

 Saturday, February 5, 2011

Avid readers of my blog should know that I love nail polish and I have been really loving the Milani brand for their lacquers.

Well Milani came out with the Rockstar Heavy Glitter Collection and nail polish fanatics went crazy. THESE ARE 1 COAT GLITTERS! What a crazy thought as glitter means that it takes a couple coats to build up.

The first one I have to review is called Purple Gleam. Its a beautiful dark true purple glitter that has depth while being a true shade of purple. Ive seen many purple glitters but this color is so intriguing that it definitely stands out!

One thin coat.

Whenever I wear this lacquer I get so many compliments. Its really a truly insane nail polish. It took me two thin coats or one thick coat to get the applied look. (I missed a spot on the bottom for this picture oh well) This glitter is super saturated and opaque and I was very impressed by the quality.


The next bottle I have to review is Red Sparkle from the same Rockstar Glitter Collection. When I saw how pretty this red was I was secretly comparing it to swatches of Ruby Pumps and other classic red glitters to see if it was a dupe or was unique.


 No dupe for this bad boy! This one is so opaque in one thick coat and is really stunning when it sparkles. The glitter is made of light and dark red shades and it again creates an awesome depth to this lacquer. I feel like this is the undiscovered stunner in the collection.


Last but not least I have a Milani polish from their Jewels Fx line. Everyone wanted one from this line. I got the Silver Disco Ball like color. This polish was not as big online since most of the drugstores did not carry this shade in their display set.


Silver is a hexagon glitter that is really in your face. Its so fun and I felt like partying as soon as I applied it to my nails. I have some big glitter polishes that feel like your swimming around the bottle to pick some glitter to apply but this is not like that. It was super easy to apply and did not take many coats to get opaque. 


I loved this and its totally unique in my collection. I even bought a second one for a friend. All it takes is two generous coats to get your disco ball nails!


I am always impressed with Milani cosmetics. Even though you can find the brand at drugstores they consistently apply better than higher end polishes. The company keeps coming out with awesome lines and collections and they certainly keep my interest. I think they find unique colors and the price point is really great at $5.

Milani cosmetics are fun, affortable and have excellent quality. For under $5.50 at most drugstores these are well worth a purchase. I am so pleased with all my milani cosmetics and have not really had any complaints. This line like the others is original and applies excellently.

27 comments:

Salla February 5, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

Loving each one of these! The last one looks truly gorgeous.

Whitney February 5, 2011 at 8:40 AM  

I really want the Red one! So LOVEly for Valentine's Day! Thanks for showing these off!

Mrs. E February 5, 2011 at 9:25 AM  

I love the Milani polish. I have been buying it for a while. I love their colors and how it stays on.

Jenelle February 5, 2011 at 9:29 AM  

Love the red and purple ones for every day and the silver sparkle for a night out!

Jeannine February 5, 2011 at 9:37 AM  

Oh, I hadn't seen the silver hex glitter! I have the gold one - which I'm not that big a fan of, I'm more of a silver kinda girl.

Silva February 5, 2011 at 10:20 AM  

I love the purple glitter, it's so awesome! And opague too? Be still my heart :D

Kathleen February 5, 2011 at 10:41 AM  

The purple is definitely my favorite! I think I have to start stalking my CVS to see if they still have these

Just Another Hat February 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

Hi, I'm following you from the blog hop. I hope you can hop on over to http://justanotherhat.blogspot.com/. I am loving the Red Sparkle...so pretty.

erica. February 5, 2011 at 11:05 AM  

i haven't used milani in a LONGGGG time. maybe i should pick some up- cause i really like the silver glitter!

Dede February 5, 2011 at 11:43 AM  

My 7 year old daughter was just looking at this page with me and loves that disco ball polish!

Thanks for following my blog:

Knead a Recipe?!

I have 2 others if you are interested in checking them out:

My Life is a Reality Show...
http://www.dedeshortking.blogspot.com

Living Day to Day...
http://www.dede-daytoday.blogspot.com

I am now your newest follower!
Dede

nail crazy February 5, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

lovely,lovely... gorgeous :-D

tips4green February 5, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

Hey there! Thanks so much for stopping by and following. I am following you back. Glad you like my blog. I am looking forward to reading yours! Very cute!
Have a great weekend!
Alissia
http://tips4green.blogspot.com

KarenD February 5, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

I've got the Silver hex on its way to me--just had to order it. Not sure why they didn't release that one in stores or put it in the new perm. displays.

ropcorn February 5, 2011 at 12:56 PM  

Some really cool colors and glitter there! I especially love the red one. :-)

MissPukku February 5, 2011 at 6:56 PM  

I loveee the red one!! <3

Diane February 5, 2011 at 7:12 PM  

WOW, gorgeous colors. I wonder if I could use them in my cardmaking Ÿ

Angela February 5, 2011 at 8:34 PM  

These are great! I have chosen you for an award. Check out http://angela-mommytimeout.blogspot.com/2011/02/woohoo-another-award.html to claim your award.

Lindsay's Family Reviews and Giveaways February 6, 2011 at 12:13 AM  

Happy Saturday! I am you newest follower from Surfin' Saturday and would love for you to follow me back! http://lindsaysfamilyreviewsandgiveaways.blogspot.com/2011/02/weekend-blog-hops.html

Renate February 6, 2011 at 6:51 AM  

love them all!!
I still don't have milani..

love your new layout!!

DanielleCorrelle February 6, 2011 at 6:57 AM  

Oh my, I love these!! I'll definitely be on the lookout for them.

Following you from a hop :)
-Danielle
www.flipflopreviews.blogspot.com

Possum Hill Farms February 6, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

This is awesome! I always hate having to apply multiple coats on my nails. And the price isn't too bad, either!

MelissaAggie98 February 8, 2011 at 7:25 PM  

Oh my gosh! Those are the coolest looking fingernails EVER! I love those shades!

Thanks so much for the follow...I'm following you now too! Have a wonderful day!

Free Baby Stuff February 11, 2011 at 3:45 PM  

My vote is for that gorgeous red!

Cel February 13, 2011 at 8:52 AM  

WOW all these glitters look amazing. The purple one is going straight to my wishlist :D

Stavroula @drugstoreandbargainlover February 17, 2011 at 5:55 PM  

All look pretty, but I especially like the purple one :) x

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP