133- Flamingo Cupcake Studios!

 Sunday, February 6, 2011


Happy Superbowl Sunday!


I have always been a fan of cameo necklaces. I love the vintage touch that comes with looking at a picture in a ornate frame. Today I have had the pleasure to receive a beautiful cameo except that instead of being delicate it is fun and unique.

Rocky Horror Picture show ranks high in my list of favorite movies. I love watching the movie and seeing it live and when I saw that Flamingo Cupcake Studios makes a cameo with Frankenfuter on it I needed the peice of jewerly in my life.



 

Janet, Dr. Scott, Janet, Brad, Rocky


When my necklace came in the mail it was wrapped in the cutest cupcake tissue paper.  The cameo was very well packaged in a small Ziploc that made sure it was safe to travel.


Doesnt this necklace scream CHARACTER! It has so much fun elements that I cannot wait to wear it. I seriously love it and would consider getting another one for my sister!



The price point for these necklaces is $10 which I find to be VERY reasonable considering they are hand made. I think frankly that they are a steal and make a great gift for anyone who loves fun tv memorablia. 




I adore the Flamingo Cupcake Studio etsy site. The store carries everything from hair accessories to pins to necklaces and earrings.  All the items are so interesting and cool and the storefront is clearly organized to make for a very easy shopping experience.


I had the chance to ask the owner a few questions.



Why did you start your etsy site?
I have been selling on etsy since 2007, but mainly vintage clothing and housewares and I wanted a separate site for my handmade accessories. I've always been crafty and would get compliments on things I would make for myself so I thought trying to sell my things on the side would be a good way to make a little extra money and a nice escape from my full time job in retail management.

How did you come up with your cameo necklaces?
I received a necklace from a friend that had John Waters on it a while ago and I wear it all the time. I had the idea of making my own necklaces with other fun people on them. Once I found the right supplies to get the look I wanted, I couldn't stop making them.

What are the inspirations behind your works?
I am a pop culture junkie so I am inspired by anything from horror movies, 1950s pinup girls, the 1980s, and of course all things kitschy like John Waters and his many wonderful movies. My crafty friends inspire me, too. Its nice to be around other creative people, especially ones that have the same interests as me.


I love kitsch and pop culture so this clearly is the shop for me. Let me show you some things I loved most when visiting the Flamingo Cupcake Studios etsy shop.

Marilyn Monroe Hair Flower
Mad Men Joan Bottle Cap Brooch
Yellow Frosting Cupcake Ring
Bewitched Cameo Necklace

 Flamingo Cupcake Studios is having a Valentines Day Sale and is offering a code for 20% off with the code "LOVEBIRDS". 


That means you can get one of these fabulous cameo necklaces for $8 (before shipping), what a great deal!


Please visit the etsy site and tell me which item is your favorite, I want to hear!

 

17 comments:

Silva February 6, 2011 at 11:46 AM  

The cameo necklaces are so cute!

Mommies Playground February 6, 2011 at 1:40 PM  

Following from blog hop. Hope you will follow back.

Crys February 6, 2011 at 2:21 PM  

Returning the follow form the blog hop =)

Anonymous,  February 6, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

Love the twin peaks cameo!

I can carry all the shopping bags and the babies too. February 6, 2011 at 3:55 PM  

Following from a blog hop! LOVE LOVE LOVE the nailpolish below. My 6 year old would have a hay day!

twoprincessesandoneprince.blogspot.com

The Chick February 6, 2011 at 8:10 PM  

What cool original stuff! I am a new follower from Relax Surf Sunday and I would love you to stop by my blog as well: http://1busychick.blogspot.com

Have a great day! Lynn

Marie February 6, 2011 at 8:51 PM  

What fun stuff they have! I'll have to check it out.

I'm a new follower from the Sunday blog hop!

LaVonne @ Long Wait February 6, 2011 at 9:00 PM  

Thanks for coming by my blog today and following. I appreciate it. I am now following your blog.

Blessings! and Happy Week!

Giveaways 4 Mommy February 6, 2011 at 9:26 PM  

Already a follower but wanted to stop by and say hi! Thanks for visiting Giveaways 4 Mommy! Hope you visit again next Sunday and link up at the blog hop again!

The Queen of Swag February 7, 2011 at 1:36 AM  

following you now on gfc. thanks so much for participating in my simple sundays blog hop! Those necklaces are adorable.

Varnish Vixen February 7, 2011 at 11:49 AM  

I love the Frankenfurter cameo necklace. Rocky Horror is one of the best movies of all time...I watch it every Halloween!

nail crazy February 7, 2011 at 2:12 PM  

i love the ring, it's to cute :-)

Taylor February 8, 2011 at 7:17 PM  

LOVE the marilyn hairpin. I want one

Nicole February 10, 2011 at 11:50 PM  

Me too... love the Marilyn one.
Found you at the hop. Now following

TriGirl February 12, 2011 at 11:25 AM  

Hi! I found you on FTLOB. I have to agree with the others and say that the Marilyn Monroe hairpin is my fave...very unique :D
And can I just say, I <3 your layout--SO cute and fun! Oh, and your name...you drew me right in :) Can't wait to read about more of your finds!

Beverly February 13, 2011 at 4:19 PM  

Thanks for stopping by my blog:
www.blauzonsews.blogspot.com

Seems like you have some cute finds listed on your blog. Fun!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP