158- Strawesome!

 Tuesday, February 22, 2011

 Everyone is making efforts to be green and to stay away from wasting plastic. Well what is one way I have been nicer to the environment? I stopped using plastic straws and started using my strawesome straw!

Why did I make this change? I'm sure that we have all heard about the toxins that can be released from using plastic drinking straws.  Some people even refuse to use plastic straws for this concern.  I used enjoy using my plastic straw and find them fun and relaxing. I dont even want to know how many plastic straws I have consumed in my lifetime. Now I can use my glass straw as many times as I want without feeling bad!


Strawesome creates eco-friendly glass drinking straws that are both reusable and works of art.  They are unique, durable and beautiful. These Strawesome straws are simply stunning and durable.  I love the fact that they are wide enough to drink a super thick smoothie or milkshake through without having to fight for it. I love smoothies and ususally when I indulge in one I use a straw.

I was so excited to be able to review a glass straw, but was very worried that my straw would shatter before I had the chance to even review it! Thankfully, Strawesome has a lifetime guarantee - you break the straw, they will replace it and how great is that in households with childeren. Mine is still in perfect form, no worries and I hope I will not have to take them up on their offer. 


The glass used on Strawesome's straws are not the thin glass I was thinking of. These straws are made from the strongest commercially available glass. Borosilicate. Glass doesn't leech toxins into your food or drink, so you can use Strawesome straws without the risks of plastic straws.

I received a straight non bendy straw with a green and white swirl design on it. Its so pretty! Each of the designs are limited edition, so if you love it, snag it, because it may not be there when you come back! Strawesome also makes custom straws. You can have logos or names laser engraved, or even designed with the colors of your wedding or party! If you let them know it is for an occasion as such, they will ship them pre-washed and ready to use. What a great party or wedding favor.


  For parties Strawesomes would be amazing. You can buy packs so each party guest will easily be able to know which drink is theirs. 

Strawesome carries glass straws of all shapes and sizes:

Here are some facts on these unique glass drinking straws:
  • Made of Borosilicate glass which is non-toxic and durable.
  • Dishwasher safe.
  • Beautiful yet functional. 
  • 100% satisfaction guarantee.
  • Lifetime guarantee against breakage.
  • Handmade in the USA 

 If you are interested in purchasing a straw visit the Strawesome website to see all the straws they have to offer. Please check them out and if you like it you should buy it before they release new designs!

13 comments:

Tiffany Layden-Ooley February 22, 2011 at 7:15 PM  

Your blog is awesome, esp the layout! Thanks for following me, I have done the same! Take Care!

Tiffany Layden-Ooley
http://thewritewayz.blogspot.com

Elle February 22, 2011 at 7:41 PM  

Following back. Thanks for following me. I want one of those straws!

Darlene February 22, 2011 at 7:53 PM  

Hi. Thanks for following me. I'm following you back. I've enjoyed browsing your posts. 1000 followers in 5 months is very impressive. The straws are cute.

maddie/cadesmimi February 22, 2011 at 8:14 PM  

What a neat idea--a glass straw :) Thanks for the sweet comment on my blog, as well as the follow. I am now following you as well!

Stephanie Faris February 22, 2011 at 8:25 PM  

How cute! I didn't know we were supposed to be worried about plastic drinking straws. I live on the edge, though. I refill my water bottles a few times before tossing them and drink diet sodas. Combined with cell phones and the brain tumors they supposedly cause, I'm sure I don't have much hope of reaching 100!

Nicole weaver February 22, 2011 at 9:57 PM  

I am following you back. thanks for following me. I love your blog. I am an organic freak, I never use plastic bottles because of the toxins they leach out. I think it is so cool the info you have about the glass straw. Totally awesome blog.

Nicole Weaver
http://marieandherfriendtheseaturtle.blogspot.com

cathryn February 22, 2011 at 11:19 PM  

these are kinda bizarre, lol.

they remind me of swizzle sticks though. regardless these are really pretty but idk if id be carrying a glass straw around with me. nice to see steps in the right direction, though!

†any February 23, 2011 at 12:31 AM  

you have a lot of stuff!!:D

Facing50Blog.com February 23, 2011 at 3:47 AM  

Morning from a grey dull miserable UK! I'm immensely cheered now however by your straw. I'm obviously easily pleased because I've been sitting here admiring it and wondering if I could set a trend by slurping champagne through one...could be fun. Seriously I like the idea of a glass straw for adults.
Many thanks for following my blog and I am now definitely following yours...I'm now going to snoop about for some more great ideas from you.
Carol

Silva February 23, 2011 at 4:37 AM  

Gorgeous straw! I love how it looks.

Kathleen Boland February 23, 2011 at 4:56 PM  

Oh MY Gosh!! I love it. I want it! They would look awesome as a group in a glass on my table.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP