159- Microbes!

 Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Good Morning!
I think I might be getting sick so Im going to keep this post short.
I have always wanted to see a microbe up close. Wouldnt it be cool for me to see what a cold even looks like?Of course, you can see the pictures on an electron microscope, but that's not quite the same as actually holding them in your hand. Until they perfect the shrink ray, the closest I'll ever get to that dream comes from Giant Microbes.

Giantmicrobes.commakes fun plush “microbes” that look like common microbes: cold, flu, rabies, mange, etc. only a million times the actual size!  Not only do they make great gifts but they are very educational in helping kids understand what each disease looks like and each tag helps explain the disease. 

Each plush has a tag and each tag has a photo of what the actual microbe looks like.  Inside the tag is a description, which is great when you want to have a little more information about that specific microbe.


 The great thing about Giant Microbes is that they have a fun and geeky sense of humor. For example, what I received from Microbe was a heart-shaped gift box of mini-microbe dolls called Heart Warming, including a Sperm Cell, Egg Cell, Kissing Disease, Penicillin, and a pink Amoeba. The egg and sperm cells have little bows on them. The sperm has blue and the egg has pink. Honestly I have no idea what Im going to do with these but they certainly are a conversation starter!

Here are some more Giant Microbes:
Bed Bug
Chicken Pox
Mad Cow
 What do you think of these Giant Microbes? Which one would you want? Check their website and tell me!


 

14 comments:

Silva February 23, 2011 at 7:51 AM  

Some of them are really cute, but the last one...it creeps me out :P

Samantha February 23, 2011 at 8:37 AM  

heheh so cute! I want the brain cell neuron!

nail crazy February 23, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

omg, this is so cute, i want it :-)

KrisInPhilly February 23, 2011 at 3:20 PM  

I have the anobium punctatum. It's an odd conversation piece.

localchika2 February 23, 2011 at 3:21 PM  

Following back! Thanks for following my blog and I'm so happy you like it. Makes me feel so good ;)

jamfiescreations1 February 23, 2011 at 4:54 PM  

Hello, thanks for the follow. I now follow you.
Thanks for leaving such a nice compliment. Hope you have a great day.

Blessings, Mary O

Not a Perfect Mom February 23, 2011 at 8:44 PM  

these are quite possibly the wierdest things I've ever seen...

Jennifer Leigh February 23, 2011 at 10:29 PM  

I like these! Chicken Pox is cute! haha

eof777 February 24, 2011 at 12:49 AM  

Some are cute and some are really scary.... :-)
Hope you feel better soon. Sorry it took me a while to catch up but I am now following you back from the blog hop!
Elizabeth
Positive Kismet

Modern Wivelyhood February 24, 2011 at 2:46 AM  

Thanks so much for your sweet comment! We are following you back!

Frankenstyna February 27, 2011 at 1:41 AM  

OMG I love these! So weird and cute and scientific at the same time! I love it!

Isabel February 27, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

I've actually seen this when i was very young. So cute lol

Paulina March 5, 2011 at 5:57 PM  

These are really cute!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP