160- Dr.'s Remedy Winter Wonder-Nails!

 Thursday, February 24, 2011

When will winter be over? Hopefully not that soon because of all my beautiful nail polish shades I own just for the chilly season. 

I am a true Nail Polish Fanatic. I own way too many bottles of polish and I am always looking for more.  I love to try out new brands and feel that sometimes the lesser known polishes are better quality then mainstream lacquers.

What makes Dr. Remedy's nail polish different from most of the other brands is that it does not contain toxic ingredients. It is also enriched with naturally occurring elements such as tea tree oil, garlic bulb extract, wheat protein, Vitamin C and Vitamin E. I dont think I own that many polishes made from tea tree oil. Since I paint my nails so often its very important to me that my nail polish is safe and wont ruin my nails. 


The natural ingredients in this lacquer helps strengthen and protect your nails against fungus, discoloration, cracking or brittleness. 

The bottle these lacquers came in is also a favorite of mine. With .5 fl oz they contain a good amount of polish and the square shape is easy to store. The caps are made of a rubber suede like finish that is easy to grab on to when you paint your nails. I think these are almost easier to use than ORLY's cap which is quite a feat! The bottles are very similar to Ulta Professional Line.
 
Back to the beautiful colors!

This was the pres release for this collection:

Sleigh bells are no longer ringing, snow is well-past glistening, and the mere thought of walking through a winter wonderland has you worrying – way too early – about next year’s Christmas plans. Enter some seasonal delight to make you sizzle (literally): Dr.’s REMEDY introduces four fabulous shades of Enriched Nail Polish, perfect to ring in 2011 and wear throughout the rest of winter (wonderfully).


I received three of four of the colors; Healing Heather Gray, Revive Ruby Red, and Desire Dark Brown.

Healing Heather Gray is a pewter with deep blue undertones. I think its a really pretty gray that I dont own many shades similar too! Two coats to get the color. This was a very hard color to photograph for some reason.


Revive Ruby Red is simply a stunning red. I love shimmers and this certainly is a beautiful example of a deep red shimmer. It took two coats for this beauty and the color is flattering on most nails. 


Now for my favorite polish from this collection.

Desire Dark Brown is my favorite brown polish ever. This one's formula is seriously as smooth as chocolate. Its so milky and one thick coat is all you need! The color is so luxurious and is a great brown which is hard to find. 



Dr.’s REMEDY Enriched Nail Polish is available for $16 online at www.remedynails.com or by calling 1-877-323-NAIL.

$16 would normally be high for me to spend for nail lacquers but I would spend over $50 for this awesome brown. The formula is what you are paying for- its AWESOME! I would recommend the brown and red anyday. The grey is pretty too!


11 comments:

Silva February 24, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

I love those colors, and it sounds really good :D

Sonja February 24, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

Found you on a blog hop! Now following. Will you follow back?
http://www.toeuropewithkids.com/
Thanks!

TriGirl February 24, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

Interesting colours. I like the idea that they are safe on your nails. Did you actually find that to be the case?

Anonymous,  February 24, 2011 at 2:22 PM  

I love that red but $16 is high!

nail crazy February 24, 2011 at 3:38 PM  

i love all three of them... but they are too expensive :-)

Tammilee February 24, 2011 at 4:30 PM  

HI
I am following back from www.tammileetips.com
Tammilee

Cel February 24, 2011 at 8:31 PM  

All three colours are so pretty but I think my favourite has to be Revive Ruby Red. Such a deep intense red!

Russo February 24, 2011 at 11:30 PM  

Oh my freaking fun! I love this blog, this is like a haven for women. ~Russo www.threegnomes.blogspot.com

Miss Blue February 26, 2011 at 1:11 AM  

I love the brown polish, but I'm not willing to spend $16; that's almost the cost of a Lippmann polish!

Paulina March 5, 2011 at 6:00 PM  

Revive Ruby Red is GORGEOUS!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP