165- Me Bands!

 Monday, February 28, 2011

Isn't it hard to just wake up on Mondays? Especially after staying up for the Oscars. Today is going to be one long day!

One of the most popular toys this year were Silly Bandz. In all its variations this toy really took off and every kid wanted the bracelets. Now the Silly Bandz craze has died down but there is another trend that most children are dying to buy.

We all have had livestrong bands. Lets face it there was a time in which it was inevitable that everyone was going to have to wear a knock off or the real one for some time. Livestrong bands were small and the rubber was thin and often times they snapped and broke. 
The new trend is larger rubber bands with current up to date words and labels on them. The words are geared to children aged 8+ and they all are text words, and modern slang and labels. The rubber is thicker so they wont break. 


I received some MeBands to review. MeBands are the epitome of this new fad. They are actually really well made. They fit great on your skin and the rubber is thick but easy to get on and off. 

I really liked some of the slogans and found them to be fresh and original. Speaking of original one of my favorite bands was embellished with "The Original" too cute!
Here is a press release:Speak with styles with these new bands called MeBands. They are from the makers of Googly Bands by Imperial Toys. They're thick rubber bands  with different words and saying such as "Addicted to Texting" and JK!  and comes in many colors. They are great for wearing it alone or stacking together to make another statement. They are appropriate for ages 8+.

Authentic MeBands will have a  unique collector’s code embossed inside the bands. These are great for collecting and trading. Sissy is the collector in the family. I think its a great idea for a company to emboss these numbers to protect their products.

You can buy them at Walmart, Walgreens, and Boscov's Department Stores in the toy aisles.

I enjoyed my MeBands. Would you go out and buy these bracelets? Which one of mine did you like the best?

6 comments:

Kiana February 28, 2011 at 9:26 AM  

I'm sure my soon to be 7yr old daughter would love those!!!

Anonymous,  February 28, 2011 at 10:53 AM  

I want the yogi bracelet.

Nora February 28, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

LOVE these and saw them at walgreens for two bucks!

Chic 'n Cheap Living February 28, 2011 at 6:42 PM  

These are fun and my husband totally needs an addicted to texting band!

Mrs. H February 28, 2011 at 7:29 PM  

Wow I've never even heard of these! I guess I'm behind on the trends :). I'm a new follower from Totally Tuesday...looking forward to reading!

Mrs. H
http://myhappilyeveraftertheend.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP