171- Ricky's Mattese Elite Nail Polish

 Saturday, March 5, 2011

Its the weekend! Relax have fun and catch up on some sleep.

Are you aware of Ricky's NYC. Ricky's is "An edgy, ultra-hip "beauty shop" specializing in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics, and beauty supplies, Ricky's NYC has been a part of New York's urban chic culture for nearly two decades. From style-conscious teenagers and their suburbanite moms to Hollywood celebrities and their professional stylists, Ricky's NYC plays host to a diverse, cult-like following of clientele."  

Ricky's offers a variety of different brands all unique and most unknown to me. Mattese Elite is definitely a brand that Ricky's carries that I have never tried. Mattese Elite offers a wide range of cosmetics, including nail polish. I was drawn to this brand because of the unique shades it comes out with! 


I got to try one shade called "Soft and Wet." What a name! Its part of Mattese's Orgasmic collection.  On the webpage it is described as a soft satin pink tingling sensation. 
  

Soft and Wet is a beautiful pink shimmer with pink and blue flecks in it. Its a mix between magenta and hot pink. Its so vibrant and pretty I just love it.
Application was amazing. Only two coats to get this manicure opaque. The polish applied like a jelly which was very surprising for a shimmer like this. The handle was easy to use and the brush applied nicely. 

I really liked the look of this nail polish. The shape is so easy to store and .5 fl oz is a good size. The shape reminds me of Milani but the cap/brush is similar to nyc.

So do you want to see how this looks on me? It looks FABULOUS! 


Mattese Elite's Soft and Wet is such a pretty shimmer. The blue flecks makes it unique and the shine and formula mimick that of a designer higher end polish. The quality of this polish is better for me than OPI or China Glaze. 

Soft and Wet retails for $5.99. I think its a fair and good price for this polish. I would rather spend for two of these than some more expensive lacquers because I know that the quality and formula is superb!

This polish has made me want to try all of Mattese Elite's polishes! This polish is seriously a stunner and I just love staring at my nails to see it!


Then I was thinking, what can I do to this polish to make it any more awesome? BLACK SHATTER



Check out all of Mattese Elite's nail polishes here at Ricky's NYC!

7 comments:

Anonymous,  March 5, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

I love the shatter look. thts a pretty polish

Silva March 5, 2011 at 3:36 PM  

Gorgeous color, looks really cool with the crackle!

Anonymous,  March 5, 2011 at 6:57 PM  

Ti have never heard of this brand cool polish

mmbear March 5, 2011 at 7:28 PM  

I am a new follower and also a newbie at blogging with a little less than two months experience so my blog is not very technical. I had a some help from another blogger who helped me make it better but I am still not sure how to do alot but am learning. I would greatly appreciate a follow back. Thanks! (you are better at putting on nail polish than me. It would be everywhere!)

Mary @http://mmbearcupoftea.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP