177- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Calypso Blue

 Friday, March 11, 2011

The Sally Hansen Complete Salong Manicure line of polishes is a collection that I have always wanted to try but have only gotten my hands on one or two bottles. The colors are so pretty and I want to try the upgraded Sally Hansen lacquers.


 Sally Hansen came out with these Complete Salon Manicure polishes that updated their old collection. Sally Hansen kept some old colors and added new fresh shades to their lineup like Calypso Blue.

Calypso Blue is a light blue leaning on turquoise, loaded with turquoise shimmer. Calypso Blue is a dream to photograph! I could actually catch the shimmer on the nail for once instead of in the bottle.


 I like the Salon Manicure's bottle and cap. The rubber ring is a very nice detail and makes the cap easier to hold. The brush on the other hand is wider than I would like. It just means that it only takes one or two strokes to get your polish the way you want. If you mess up however you get lots of excess polish around your nail. I just try to be more careful when I use it. 

This color just makes me think of tropical places. The shade is really quite beautiful and would look great on many different skin tones.


It took me two thick coats to get the lacquer to its true color. Reading reviews I heard it took people up to four coats. I think it matters how much you put on in each coat. I didnt think application was that bad at all. In fact the drying time was relatively fast and dried smooth and silky.

I actually geniunely believe that this a long lasting polish. My nails can't keep a polish on for more than 3 days without chipping and this one provides less wear which I am very happy about! 


I think Sally Hansen did an excellent job with this lacquer. The color is gorgeous, the bottle is cute, the application wasn't bad and the drying time and wear is excellent!
I love my new Calypso Blue!


13 comments:

Mika March 11, 2011 at 6:59 AM  

Looks great! I love that color!

Carolina March 11, 2011 at 7:03 AM  

Beautiful color, ready for summer!

Steffie March 11, 2011 at 7:25 AM  

Very pretty. Looks great on you. The color makes me want summer to come ever sooner.

TriGirl March 11, 2011 at 10:27 AM  

Pretty! Looks like a versatile colour!

Silva March 11, 2011 at 10:30 AM  

What a pretty color! So summery :)

nail crazy March 11, 2011 at 10:40 AM  

nice color, looks great on you :-)
unfortunately, with color like this my skin looks totaly sick :-(

Anna March 11, 2011 at 1:30 PM  

Love that shade! I really need to paint my nails for spring. :)

Oh to Be a Muse March 11, 2011 at 5:32 PM  

oh that does look really cool, even on the brush. such a stellar shade of blue!

natty. March 11, 2011 at 9:55 PM  

Great color! Hey thanks for following my blog! I am now following you too. :)

Johnnie March 12, 2011 at 5:43 AM  

Hi! I am stopping by from Saturday's hops. I am a new follower. Great blog. Blessings...
Saved By Love Creations

Courtney Graham Hipp March 15, 2011 at 11:13 PM  

I just bought this one the other day and can't wait to try it when the St. Patrick's Day mani comes off! I have trouble resisting ANY blue, but this one was really calling my name.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP