179- Sally Hansen Complete Plum Luck!

 Sunday, March 13, 2011

Good Morning. Isn't Daylight Savings rough?


I have been loving Sally Hansen's line of Complete Salon Manicure and I have one more polish to show you. Its called Plum Luck. Its a plum creme that is just luxurious and beautiful. 


I just love the Complete Salon Manicure's bottle. It says it only holds .5 oz but the bottle feels heavy and looks so big compared to my other nail lacquers that contain the same amt. The bottle design is nice with the square bottom, rounder top and awesome cap that has a really useful rubber ring. The rubber ring is genius and helps me maneuver the large brush with skill and helps me keep a steady hand. 


Purple is one of my favorite colors but I surprisingly don't own many plum nail polishes. I love vampy colors but don't wear them as much as other bright colors. Plum luck is a beautiful eggplant purple that just looks luxurious and rich while being fashion forward and winter/fall appropriate. 


Plum Luck took 3 coats to get the desired color for me. I was going to stop at 2 coats but the 3rd coat's slight difference makes the look. It is such a beautiful creme that drys fast and ends up glossy. 


I just love that I don't need to use a basecoat or topcoat with this collection of lacquers. These are great because in two to three coats your done, the polish dries fast and your good to go!


It's a must-have shade in my opinion because this shade will be stunning on any skin tone. The color does come off a little dark in my pictures but it was just hard to photograph. This is one pigmented shade so any mistakes I made showed up in these photos as well! The color is also darker on your nails than in the bottle.


I thought the formula was great and Sally Hansen Plum Luck is supposed to be a dupe of Rescue Beauty Lounge's Film Noir. So you are basically getting a $18 color for $8! Can't beat that!


What do you think of this shade?

12 comments:

Miss Starshiny March 13, 2011 at 10:02 AM  

it's very nice colour! quite unique deep purple!
it looks nice on you!

http://misstarshiny.blogspot.com/

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish March 13, 2011 at 10:07 AM  

I wannnnt. It looks gorgeous and I agree about heavy feeling polish bottles - they're so luxurious!

I might have to track this one down, I don't own anything from this line!

Sarahlouise1986 March 13, 2011 at 11:07 AM  

what a stunning colour ...so unique and dark! it really looks great on you =)

/Hugs!

http://spellbindingnails.blogspot.com/

Susanmeep March 13, 2011 at 11:17 AM  

I am following you (suelee1998) from the blog hop, you have a great site. Would you please follow me back? http://susansdisneyfamily.blogspot.com/
thank you :)

J A C Q U E L I N E March 13, 2011 at 11:29 AM  

I am not a fan of dark polish colors on hands but I like how accurate the color is in the bottle. Some polishes look a few shades different than the bottle this one is right on! and the fact that it dries fast and does not need a topcoat! WHOOP! I am sold!

Oh to Be a Muse March 13, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

that flavor flav cartoon is too funny. fortunately, i live in arizona where they don't do daylight savings!

the plum color suits you beautifully.

Cupcake's Mommy March 13, 2011 at 3:10 PM  

Found you from the Sunday blog hop!! Loooove your blog! I'm totally into nail polish & beauty products! When I hit my 50 follower goal, I'm giving away a few Zoya nail polishes (along with a 6oz Philosophy Shower Gel) - so be sure to check that out!

~ Di
momsgotabrandnewbag.blogspot.com

Stephanie Faris March 13, 2011 at 4:57 PM  

LOVE it! Very colorful, yet sexy.

Katy March 13, 2011 at 5:05 PM  

haha, great cartoon!

Following you from the Meet & Follow Sunday! Come follow me at
http://grabenandgabi.blogspot.com

Turning the Clock Back March 13, 2011 at 9:15 PM  

very stylish!

Just stopping by from the Sunday Blog Hop to say hello! I am your newest follower. Hope you can stop by and follow back...you might find some great eco friendly giveaways or yummy recipes to try!

Have a great week!

Diane
http://www.turning-the-clock-back.blogspot.com

Dawn March 13, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

I'm your newest follower from the Sunday blog hop! Would love a follow back!

http://simplyyousimplyme.com/

nail crazy March 14, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

my kind of shade, i love it :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP