Monday, March 14, 2011
Good morning. Arent Monday's tough? I know I didnt want to get out of bed. But I did, for you! Im going to review Sally Hansen HD's in LCD and Pixel Pretty!
What Sally Hansen Says:
"Patented formula with Real Liquid Crystals for multi-dimensional color and iridescent shine!"
Sally Hansen HD Hi-Definition Nail Color is different because its using the theory that liquid crystals- like those used in Hi-Def LCD TVs- will produce a vibrant multi-dimensional hue.
Here is a picture of both bottles:
Lets start with Sally Hansen HD LCD (the pink one)
- Well I dont think you can have a new collection without a pink! This pinkis beautiful and has a blue sparkle that really shines in the light.
- When applying by its self it is very sheer with the first coat. To get the desired color opaque three coats is needed and possibly a fourth. It is not a big deal because it dries super fast. Like many glitters this drys to an almost matte finish.
- The sparkle you get in this is slightly different from other glitter since it is made up of pink shimmer and little blue glitter specks. It is almost foil like!
- In the sun this lacquer shines very blue which is so cool but in the shade and low lighting it stays a pink shimmer. This color has a lot of depth behind its pretty pink exterior!
- LCD really shines when you layer it so it is a very useful polish. Alone you can apply on as many coats as you like and you will still get the visible nail line so if that bothers you this would be a great layering polish.
Sally Hansen HD Pixel Pretty:
- Pixel Pretty is an ocean blue shade. Blue Green tropical shades are so popular because they really are gorgeous and striking. (I own a lot of these colors)
- This polish's formula was better than LCD. It was smooth, almost creamy and only required two coats. No visible nail line here!
- A glow surrounds this polish that is hard to explain, it just attracts everyone in to look at your nails. (not a bad thing)
- This turqouise dries with such gloss that there is no need for a topcoat.
About the bottles:
- Many people feel like the metal caps are a bit dated. Personally I love the curve in the cap that makes it easy to apply and keeps the hand steady. I actually prefer these caps over straight non-silver ones.
- The brush is a nice size. It is neither large nor small its very medium and in length it is medium as well making it an easy application.
- The bottle and handle are the same as the bottle and handle for the Lacquer Shines.
- The formula is really great for high definition shimmers, drying time is fantastic and its so smooth. It was not hard to remove these.
I really liked this collection. I would rate this a 4.5 out of 5 stars. I love shimmer and sparkle so I am a little biased but I feel Sally Hansen did what they set out to do and ended up with some killer hi definition colors. I would recommend both LCD and Pixel Pretty and think they are great topcoats and pretty colors!
Now for the pictures:
Closeup of Pixel Pretty