196- Mattese Elite in Developpe

 Monday, April 4, 2011

Its Monday, everyone's least favorite day of the week. However my nails are so pretty that I feel as though If I get down today they will bring me back up to good mental health. I just love wearing simple polishes that make you feel pretty and Mattese Elite's Developpe does that for me.

As I mentioned before yesterday, Mattese Elite is a brand only Ricky's carries. Ricky's is "An edgy, ultra-hip "beauty shop" specializing in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics, and beauty supplies, Ricky's NYC has been a part of New York's urban chic culture for nearly two decades. From style-conscious teenagers and their suburbanite moms to Hollywood celebrities and their professional stylists, Ricky's NYC plays host to a diverse, cult-like following of clientele." 
Mattese Elite came out with a Ballerina inspired collection and Developpe is a grey blue that I am going to swatch for you. The website has the most accurate color.
 The Mattese Elite Bottles are really simple but easy to store. Like most polishes these hold .5 oz a good size and the cap is easy to maneuver and hold. The brush is on the small side and the stem is very long. I don't mind it! You can stack these bad boys up sideways and save alot of space- something I desperately need!


To be completely honest Developpe and Attitude were the lacquer colors that I gravitated too when I received this collection. The others are pinks and nudes. I'm just a color kind of girl. So I thought I was going to like these. I actually LOVE Developpe more than I thought I was. It just looks great on my skin tone.


Like Attitude, Develope goes on thin so you need three coats for this manicure. The polish dries at a reasonable time and I topped these off with topcoat. 


The color is a grey blue. In the bottle it looks more grey and on the nail it looks more blue. Its very interesting and a color I dont have a dupe of. I don't associate this color with Ballerinas but it is very chic and I think fashion forward.

All in All I love this look. The shade itself is working for me and the application wasnt bad at all. The price tag is $5.99 and you can find this product here. I would reccomend this in a heartbeat to anyone who likes this shade. Its so pretty on your nails!

6 comments:

Madita April 4, 2011 at 7:26 AM  

This is such a pretty colour! xx

Anonymous,  April 4, 2011 at 10:24 AM  

I love this color. It actually would look good with sundresses.

Lolitadewdrop April 4, 2011 at 10:33 AM  

I love the creaminess of the colour. ^_^

Silva April 4, 2011 at 11:21 AM  

What a gorgeous color!

Jackie S. April 5, 2011 at 11:51 AM  

This is a very cute color!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP