200!- Mattese Elite

 Saturday, April 9, 2011

Its the weekend! I'm happy and will utilize these next couple days to relax. I hope you all do as well.

This post is very exciting as it is my 200th post. How cool is that! I can't believe that I have gotten to 200 already.

I am going to wrap up the polishes from the Mattese Elite Ballerina Inspired Collection. If you read my blog you would notice that I have recently reviewed and swatched the colors: Attitude, Releve, Arabesque and Developpe. Today I am going to swatch the last two colors in the collection; Pointe Shoes and Pink Tutu.

To purchase Mattese Elite go to Ricky's "An edgy, ultra-hip "beauty shop" specializing in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics, and beauty supplies, Ricky's NYC has been a part of New York's urban chic culture for nearly two decades. From style-conscious teenagers and their suburbanite moms to Hollywood celebrities and their professional stylists, Ricky's NYC plays host to a diverse, cult-like following of clientele." You can only buy Mattese Elite at Rickys.

I have to say I have been really impressed with this brand and with Rickys. Rickys ships fast and all the polishes come secure inside a cute little blue Ricky's Bag. I really like their site design and the bold colors they use in their signature look. 
So lets get back to the polishes. I started out reviewing the colors that stood out to me. It is not a surprise that the two polishes I have left are pale pinks. Bold colors are my thing so it is rare that you will see me wear these kind of shades. 

Pointe Shoes is a pale pink with a beautiful shimmer underneath. This is the only color in the collection that has a shimmer and is not all creme. I love shimmers so I was happy about this.


Application was good. It took 2-3 coats. The color could have been a little uneven so you really have to be careful with this one. 


This was not my favorite polish. I just don't think it looks good on me. That being said this would be a great polish to do under a crackle because of the pretty shimmer that would come out. I tried out a bright green and blue crackle over it. Its an interesting look!


Overall I don't think there's anything wrong with this polish I just think its not for me on a day to day basis. What do you think of Pointe Shoes?

Onto Pink Tutu.

Pink Tutu is the classic bubblegum pink that I think of when I think of all things girly. Ballerinas are the symbol of femininity so it makes sense that when you make a Ballerina inspired collection you would make a bubblegum pink polish!




Formula was good but standard 2-3 coats. Not to thick, not to thin. I think this is just a really pretty color. Its a tad duller than the picture above but that doesn't mean its dull. Its just not as light. 




I really like this color but feel as though I already have one the same shade. The formula is good for a bubblegum color though!


Lets Talk about the whole Ballet Colors of Me Collection by Mattese Elite Collection.



My favorites (I'm linking in the posts):
I really enjoyed reviewing these. The best part is that all six don't even take up that much space because of their size. I will definitely be wearing these this spring as they are fashion forward and pastels which I love to rock in the spring. 

You can purchase the collection here.

6 comments:

GothamPolish April 9, 2011 at 12:22 PM  

Congrats on 200 posts! I bought Attitude and love it, although I didn't love the water-y-ness :) Oh well it's pretty still!

TriGirl April 9, 2011 at 1:50 PM  

Congrats on 200 posts! I always enjoy seeing what the polish actually looks like on a real person's hands :)

Paulina April 9, 2011 at 2:08 PM  

very nice polish! i like it!

Alex April 9, 2011 at 5:08 PM  

Hi there! :) Awesome blog! I am your newest follower from the blog hop - would love a follow back!

Alex

http://www.thekidisrich.blogspot.com/
Educating kids and teens in business, money management, and earning money.

Silence is Loud April 10, 2011 at 4:16 PM  

i love the pink polish!! very sweet and princess pink color!

Cel April 11, 2011 at 12:46 AM  

So many lovely colours, perfect for spring indeed :D I like how the pink looks under the crackle too!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP