201- Lord of the Flies!

 Sunday, April 10, 2011

I think all of us remember books we learned in school that connected with us. For some reason Lord of the Flies is the book I remember most with all the metaphors and personifications. So then I thought about it and remembered more and more classic books that made a difference in my education. These are books that have a classic appearance that most people can recognize and relate to. 

Then I found Out of Print Clothing that prints old book covers of these classic novels and turns the covers into awesome apparel. They have a very cool mission statement that I wanted to share.

"Out of Print celebrates the world’s great stories through fashion. Our shirts feature iconic and often out of print book covers. Some are classics, some are just curious enough to make great t-shirts, but all are striking works of art. We work closely with artists, authors and publishers to license the content that ends up in our collections. Each shirt is treated to feel soft and worn like a well-read book.

In addition to spreading the joy of reading through our tees, we acknowledge that many parts of the world don't have access to books at all. We are working to change that. For each shirt we sell, one book is donated to a community in need through our partner Books For Africa. How we read is changing as we move further into the digital age. It's unclear what the role of the book cover will be in this new era, but we feel it's more important than ever to reflect on our own individual experiences with great literary art before it's forever changed."

 
I think its wonderful that with each purchase of a shirt a book is donated to a community who could use them. Spreading the love of books is amazing and I hope that someone out there gets a book that has done as much as Lord of the Flies has done for me. 

Oh wait, You say you want to see my shirt? Well your in luck here it is:

I love the cream color and how well the design of the original book comes to life on the tshirt. The cover art had changed over the years and this was not the edition I read but I actually really like this image of the boys on the island more then the fly I saw when I was reading the novel.


The women sizes are said to run a little small but I always order unisex and the sizing was perfect. The quality of the t shirt is amazing. Its super soft and the communication from Out of Print was great.  


I really want to order more of these t-shirts. I got so many people coming up to me reminiscing about the book when I wore this shirt. Books do bring up memories and its great to show your pride of some of these literary classics
I really love the catcher in the rye fleece. Can you say holiday present? :)

There are just so many cool shirts you can get from Out of Print that I would recommend you taking a peak at their store.

I think they all have a bit of a vintage flair that increases the cool factor on these shirts. Honestly wearing these tees make people think your smarter so that's a plus. Who wouldn't want to look cool and smart!
Which one is your favorite book that they made into a shirt? Let me know! Check them out here

5 comments:

Kim@Chubby Cheeks Thinks April 10, 2011 at 10:33 AM  

Thanks so much for stopping by! :) I am so excited I swung by here! I definitely need to check out this site! I love screen print tees and especially hard to find ones! My sisters bday is tomorrow and I think I just found her gift! LOL :)

Kim

Kristen April 10, 2011 at 10:35 AM  

Those shirts are so neat! :)We never read Lord of the Flies in school, I wonder why? I know a lot of schools did

**from my post-- that's not the only flaw he has, but one of the bigger ones lol

Kee April 10, 2011 at 10:52 AM  

That's a great shirt! I also have fond memories of that book and school.

I remember watching the movie in class and basically covering my eyes for half of it!

Anna April 11, 2011 at 11:48 AM  

This is such a neat idea! I'll definitely have to check out their site! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP