205- Color Club Glitter Envy and Otherworldly

 Tuesday, April 12, 2011


I read a few of the comments on my last post and it seemed as though people wanted to see the green first. So the first two colors I am going to review/swatch are Otherworldly and Glitter Envy.


Glitter Envy is a neon green polish that is packed with glitter. Everywhere you look glitter is present but the glitter does not sparkle.  It is however a seriously bright shade so I am sort of glad it does not sparkle because it would just be too obnoxious. 


Color Club's What A Shock is my favorite neon green ever and this is a strong contender to replace that spot. I put both of these polishes next to each other and it seems as though the base is the same but What a Shock has a blue shimmer and Glitter Envy has a whole lot of glitter in it. 


The formula on Glitter Envy is great. Its thick and almost goopy which means you only need two coats. Very opaque yet you can clearly see the glitter which I think means that Color Club did a superb job with this polish. Its quite a feat to make an easy to apply glitter and an easy to apply neon so to do both in one polish is a huge success.


Neons are hard to capture so just imagine this shade a bit brighter in real life. Its actually really flattering on my nails and I think its super fun to wear. This is a shade that gets you noticed. I hope you can see that there definetly is some holo glitter in the bottle and some of it reflects on the nail. Its not a strong holo effect though.

This was the first polish I applied from the collection and at first I was a bit dissapointed. I mean its called Starry Temptress and promises glitter but what glitter comes without sparkle. Its a bit odd but I think I like it. Its fun without being in your face. Plus Color Club did something really smart. When you buy this collection the 7th shade is the Starry Temptress topcoat which looks awesome on all the shades. The sparkle just adds a bit of pizzaz don't you think:


I did add extra shiny topcoat to the polish because like most neons it dried bumpy. That might be a reason why the Starry Topcoat doesn't look like a big difference but trust me it makes the manicure!

Onto Otherworldy

Otherworldy is such a gorgeous vibrant blue. I just love the shade Color Club chose to make this. I almost wish I had a version of this that wasn't glitter because the base is just so pretty. Its not quite as neon as Glitter Envy I would call this a vibrant not neon blue but thats fine with me!


Like Glitter Envy the glitter on this polish did not sparkle. The formula was goopy and thick and it again took only two coats to get the right look. Its a neon so it dried bumpy and dull but the great thing is that the drying time is so fast on this collection. This is a manicure I can do in 10 minutes and get a whole lot of depth to my nails. 

Do you see the holo glitter in the bottle!

The finish product (after you put on some topcoat) is a really pretty blue with glitter that looks like a sky of some sort. Its eye catching and a flattering shade. This polish looks like a jelly glitter- very unusual.


I did not see the holo on my nail until I was in the sun. It was very week but I definetly saw the rainbow sparkles that increased when I added the Starry Temptress topcoat to the shade.


Can you see the difference? It really adds to the polish in my opinion. I love the whole look of this manicure and coulnt believe how easy it was. Two coats of Otherworldly and one coat of starry temptress and in a couple short minutes your done!

Based on these two polishes I can honestly say I have nothing like these shades. They are jelly like but have so much glitter that its a miracle that they apply so well. I now believe Color Club is like a god I mean these are so cool and different and there is nothing like this availible for sale in the nail polish world.

9 comments:

Lois April 12, 2011 at 11:08 AM  

Not really a fan of the neon green, but I love Otherwordly! Weird name, though, haha :) I agree, it does look a lot better with topcoat!

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish April 12, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

These are so bright! I love them. I need them...think I may have to end my Color Club virginity and buy this entire collection :P

I like the fact that the glitter doesn't sparkle, weirdly enough.

Charlotte Sparkle April 12, 2011 at 2:44 PM  

Two nice polishes, love the green.

Nichole April 12, 2011 at 2:52 PM  

Pretty! Love them both.

Oh to Be a Muse April 12, 2011 at 3:04 PM  

wow--that green is like wow! great for spring. i do think the blue is more subtle, which will probably make it great year round. thanks for these--both colors are hot.

Anonymous,  April 12, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

the green is really bright but its hot

Silva April 12, 2011 at 5:36 PM  

I love the blue one, it's gorgeous.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP