206- Color Club You Got Soul-ar and Wink, Wink, Twinkle!

 Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Good Morning! I hope the weather is fine by you. The predictions are that it will rain all day today which might put a damper on my plans. But I will not let it stop me from posting some new nail polish swatches from the Starry Temptress Collection.

Today I am going to review Wink, Wink, Twinkle and You Got Soul-ar.
Folks at Color Club, I really love your work. I mean Color Club consistently comes out with new awesome affordable colors that are easy to apply and last. How great is that. Well Mr. Color Club have you read these names? Wink, Wink, Twinkle? You Got Soul-ar? What are you smoking!


Okay enough of my tangent here is Wink, Wink, Twinkle. 
Wink Wink Twinkle is seriously a neon purple. Its bright and contains a weak silver holo effect. It dried dull but not bumpy. Formula was good at 2 coats but a little thick. The worst part about this color was how hard it was to capture in photos! My pictures just don't do the shade justice.


I thought the sparkle in this polish was a bit stronger than the others. Thats not saying its strong its just strong-er. There is definitely a lot of glitter packed in this polish.
A topcoat is so neccesary for this polish and the Starry Temptress Topcoat makes this manicure amazing. With the added Temptress the shine was definetly there and you could see little holo peices on the nail.


I really liked this color. Again I have no dupes for it and it is extremly unique. Thats what was so brilliant about this collection it had never been done before combining Neons with non sparkling Glitter!

You Got Soul-Ar

You Got Soul-Ar is definitely neon, don't you think! Its a very cremey orange neon with holo pieces stuck inside. This color is BRIGHT!


The formula on You Got Soul-Ar is super thick and goopy. This was only one coat which in the end works out nice and fast. The color dried dullish based on the glossy version but even the dull You Got Soul-Ar was vibrant! Color club did an excellent job with this shade. 


Your Got Soul-Ar is the kind of orange that looks great on a lot of skintones and it just looks happy. 


With the Starry Temptress this polish really lit up and I really like the finished product. 


Both of these polishes were effortless to apply and just made me smile. They were bright, glittery (after Starry Temptress) and made an intresting manicure in minutes. Neons dry fast so waiting time was low.

I really think Color Club knows what their doing with this line of polishes. Each one is completely unique to me. If your a fan of neons and a fan of glitters you MUST buy this collection!

10 comments:

Lois April 13, 2011 at 7:30 AM  

Wow, these are BRIGHT! I do like bright colors, but I prefer neons without any glitter whatsoever. You Got Soul-Ar is def a color I would wear in summer :)

Nichol April 13, 2011 at 8:31 AM  

Very pretty, love the colors!

lovinangels April 13, 2011 at 9:01 AM  

Wow, those look so pretty on you! Unfortunately I have a strict work dress code to adhere to. Which means no sparkle or neon...

MissPukku April 13, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

OMG! I love the coral one!!!

Silva April 13, 2011 at 12:11 PM  

Ooh, they're so pretty!

KarenD April 13, 2011 at 4:32 PM  

I agree with you on the Wink Wink Twinkle name, for sure. These are so bright and cheerful!

Russo April 13, 2011 at 9:17 PM  

I love both of those colors, my personal fave is the pink. Love the glitter. I really enjoy your blog because it allows me to take some time for myself and just chill. Great post.

Russo @ www.threegnomes.blogspot.com

Silence is Loud April 13, 2011 at 11:36 PM  

i love both of them!!! love the glitters so much!! >.<

brittany April 13, 2011 at 11:51 PM  

I am glad I didn't buy this kit. I have from their holiday set wonderland which is like a sparkly silver which can create the same effect like this collection on any nail polish.
except starry temptress looks way better than covered in diamonds. what is your favorite nail polish brand?
what was the consistency of the polishes did it streak?
meh, I can't wear bright colors like these anyway. it doesn't look right

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP