210- Color Club Get Your Lem-On!

 Sunday, April 17, 2011

I am so excited to be diving into the Wicked Sweet Color Club Collection for Summer 2011. These polishes look delicious and smell so too! They are neons that really do smell wicked sweet!


The first polish I am reviewing from this collection is Get Your Lem-On a bright yellow neon with green shimmers. Yellow neons always remind me of highlighters but the shimmer really makes this bright yellow a bit different.
I was a little biased with the smell. I LOVE the scent of lemon so its not a surprise I picked this to try first. The smell in the bottle is very strong and you can't necessarily smell the lemon but as soon as it dries on your nails the lemon scent really appears! Of course Color Club did not make it strong enough to induce headaches or weak enough where you can't smell it. The scent is definitely there but not in your face. I like the medium intensity they concocted. 


This polish did have some formula issues. I hate thin polishes and this one is definitely thin. I wasn't expecting it coming from the goopy Starry Temptress collection but I needed my 3 coats of Get You Lem-On and I probably should have done 4.
This polish is very sheer and I would suggest putting it over a white creme to make sure it has a good opaque base. I am going to layer this next time I wear it. 


The color and shimmer is great but the formula is not. I can't stand more than 2-3 coats so this isnt my polish but I love the end result and the smell is just delicious. The scent lasted for 2 days which was very nice. 


To sum this review up if you like yellow neons with green shimmers you should give this a try. If you like lemon scents and don't mind sheer polishes or if you like to layer this could be your neon yellow. Besides the formula there really isnt anything wrong with this polish and its just because Im impatient that I don't like thin polishes.

5 comments:

Anonymous,  April 17, 2011 at 1:33 PM  

Cool yellow!

Silva April 17, 2011 at 2:35 PM  

I do like lemon scents, though I don't really love the color.

Becky April 17, 2011 at 7:08 PM  

What a beautiful color! (^_^)

Sarah April 19, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

The yellow color is too bright for me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP