226- Nantucket Brand Review!

 Sunday, May 1, 2011

When I think of my perfect getaway I think of relaxing and strolling down the streets of Nantucket. My family and I use to take vacation on the island every summer and those memories always make me smile.

Nantucket is known for many things and preppy fashion is definitely one of the. I can't think of prep without Nantucket Red or Madras. So I was super excited to get the opportunity to explore and review for Nantucket Brand Clothing.


Nantucket Brand's story is:
"Nantucket is a truly unique environment for those of us who live here, as well as for those who can only visit for a short time. It wasn't until I moved "off-island," as Nantucketers say, that I learned how truly special Nantucket is.Utilizing the talents of my family, we designed and developed the Nantucket Brand clothing line and opened our store on Main Street. With the success of Nantucket Brand, our family was proud to re-open the Emporium of Nantucket, a store that was purchased by my grandfather in 1945. The store was run by my grandparents, and later my father, until 1986. Today, the Emporium carries home decor, gifts, and furniture representing the style of the island. My parents, Larry and Michelle, proudly run our Nantucket stores. My brothers and I work to share our products beyond the beaches of Nantucket. We hope that this collection of clothing and home decor allows others to embrace the laid back, nautical charm that Nantucket inspires."
I love that Nantucket Brand Clothing is a family company!

I got a Madras skirt and ribbon belt to review. I was excited about both and dint know what size I would be so since I am always between sizes I just decided to order up.
The first item I recieved was the Madras Skirt in 19 inches. I prefer knee length skirts so I liked the length of this one. I picked the Mrtyle Beach Madras Print.


I am so glad I ordered a half a size up. This skirt is gorgeous but it runs small. I love the Mrtyle Beach print the pink blue and green/yellow makes up such a lovely madras patchwork.


The skirt is well made but I wish it had a better lining. For the summer the less clothing the better so the fact that this is super light is perfect. With lining it would be heavier. 


Ribbon Belts are amazing. They add a touch of prep and aducts to any waist size with its simple belt. I love that the ribbon belt I got from Nantucket Brand has a print of pink and white checkered squares with the island of Nantucket's image embroidered on the belt. 


I love it and will be sure to wear this belt with many different items this summer and spring. I think it actually looks great with my new madras skirt!


The prices of Nantucket Brand clothing are very reasonable for the quality of clothing you are buying. Nantucket Brand offers a wide range of items from womens dresses and skirts to belts and childrens and mens wear. 
 
Nantucket Brand has great communication and they immediately shipped out my skirt and belt. The package was so neat and they folded the clothing items very nicely so there was no problem of creases or indents from shipping. I got my package so fast! 
 
So you all now know about the two items I got from the site but there are so many pretty clothing products from Nantucket Brand I just wanted to share some more examples of their Brand:

Floral Strapless Dress

Quilted Beach Print Duffle Bag


 What Nantucket Brand Item is your favorite? Im really digging the duffle bag!

The items I reviewed were the Madras Skirt and Ribbon belt. Please check them out and I would love if you would comment about your opinions on Nantucket Brand products!

3 comments:

Terry,  May 1, 2011 at 12:04 PM  

The nantucket tie is cute for my hubby

Lisa M,  May 1, 2011 at 2:25 PM  

I have always wanted to go to nantucket. that island just seems so preppy though

anne,  May 1, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

I like today's post!!!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP