230- Sally Hansen Complete Manicure in Rosy Posie and Anenome of Mine

 Thursday, May 5, 2011

Ok Im going to be honest for a second. When Sally Hansen first came out with their Complete Salon Manicure line I thought, "What a rip-off how can they be charging $8 for Sally Hansen!" Well Im happy to say I have come full circle. In fact the Sally Hansen Salon Manicures are a better value than my opis!

I dont need to use topcoat or a basecoat when I use these highly pigmented pretty lacquers. Plus the shades are gorgeous and Sally Hansen is constantly coming out with new killer colors. 


For the next couple days I will be focusing on some of my new Salon Manicure nail polishes. 

Im going to start with a gorgeous purple that I am so happy to own. Its called Anenome of Mine and its a purple creme. I have actually reviewed another Salon Manicure purple called Plum Luck (check out the review here) that I loved so I was hoping for just as nice a shade and Anenome of Mine is just as gorgeous if not more. 


Application was flawless. The very first coat is pigmented and opaque but I used two for safety. I did not need a topcoat and this dried fast. Its a really flattering purple for me and I think it would be great on most skintones.


This is a kind of go-to shade that I could wear again and again. I got a lot of compliments on this shade. Its simple but pretty and Sally Hansen executed it so well. 


I forgot to mention my favorite part. Not only was this a one coater it was a one-brusher! Thats ride these babies have super wide brushes and I could use the same swipe to cover the whole nail.


The other Complete Salon Manicure Polish in todays post is Rosy Posie. 


Lets start off with the name; Rosy Posie. This is a bit of a tangent but have you seen the new Bravo show about Rosy Pope called Pregnant in Heels? This reminded me of her! Not to mention its a color I picture her wearing.


Rosy Posie has a frost finish. For those who don't know what a frost finish is don't worry its not that popular a term outside of the nail polish world. Frosts are super shimmery lacquers that have obvious brush strokes. I don't own many frosts but I really like Rosy Posie. 


Rosy Posie is a really pretty pink and gold frost. In real life this shade is drop dead amazingly pretty but in photos it looks old and awkward. This is the disclamer before the photos.


The application was good. Again there is no need for topcoat and all it takes is two coats to get this polish perfect.


All in All I love both colors. I dont own anything like Rosy Posie and I really wish it photographed better. Anenome of Mine is more of my typical color but its really stunning. I would recommend both whole heartingly as I am so impressed with the quality and formula of both. 

You go Sally Hansen, these Salon Manicures ROCK!

6 comments:

Carolina May 5, 2011 at 6:41 AM  

Sally Hansen are really good quality Nail Polishes. I love that purple!

nail crazy May 5, 2011 at 7:58 AM  

anenome of mine looks awesome :-D

LadyLuck May 5, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

yeah this polishes rock!

Kelly,  May 5, 2011 at 3:47 PM  

I actually really like Rosy Posie

carissakuo May 5, 2011 at 8:46 PM  

i agree that both colors are gorgeous! I don't have any salon manicure polishes but definitely want some!!

Silva May 6, 2011 at 12:25 PM  

I love the purple one! It is gorgeous :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP