231- Sally Hansen Complete Salon Manicure in Terracotta and Shiny Penny!

 Friday, May 6, 2011

Friday is for sure my favorite day of the week. I am thankful it is closer to the weekend because I had way to many exams this week for my liking.


The good news is I redid my nails yesterday and they look marvelous! I am going to review two more Sally Hansen Complete Manicures today. The first one is called Shiny Penny and the 2nd one is Terracotta. 


Shiny Penny is an unoriginal but fitting name for this lacquer. Its a orange bronze color frost. Since this is a frost you can see the color strokes. I think this would be an excellent color for fall! It just reminds me of autumn leaves (if they sparkle.)


Application was good with the Salon Manicure's mighty brush. I applied two coats and had no need for a topcoat since it naturally shined!


Im usually not an orange girl. I must have under 10 oranges in my collection (my collection is HUGE) and they are not what I grab for when I do my nails. I have to say this is a really pretty orange and I like it more than I thought but I do not know if this will ever become my go to color. 



Terracotta is a neutral that Rachel Roy created with Sally Hansen that has yet to debut! How exciting. Terracotta was seen in runway shows and I could understand why; its pretty and matches with everything!




Formula was good. It took 2 thick coats to get my nails opaque. This one did not dry as fast as I would like probably because I applied big goopy coats. 




I really liked this color. It certainly is a great neutral and its very low maintenance. Since you dont need topcoat or basecoat I might just throw this on when Im in a hurry. 




To sum it up I really liked both colors. Terracotta is an awesome neutral that I could see myself wearing a lot. Shiny Penny is gorgeous but will most likely not be my go-to color even though the formula was superb. 


Which one do you like more? Tell me I want to know!

7 comments:

nail crazy May 6, 2011 at 9:06 AM  

they both look nice, but shiny penny is nicer ;-)

Cosmetics Aficionado May 6, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

I love Shiny Penny! Terra Cotta isn't calling to me though.

Anonymous,  May 6, 2011 at 11:13 AM  

i like terracotta

Silva May 6, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

Both colors are really nice!

Dhemz May 6, 2011 at 12:28 PM  

oh my...I love those colors...it looks great on your nails....:)

thanks for dropping by! great to be here.

Charlotte Sparkle May 6, 2011 at 7:45 PM  

I love the Shiny Penny, its really beautiful.

Satori September 26, 2011 at 8:18 PM  

My mom is trying ro find both of these, to no acail. Sad...

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP