242- OPI Steady As She Rose and Navy Shatter

 Monday, May 16, 2011

Its OPI Week! What better way to kick off this week of swatches with a new shade from OPI's Pirates of the Carribean Collection?


Steady as She Rose is a lavender that is on the grey side. I call this a modern neutral! Its a spring color that could work in any season and on any skin tone. It has a hint of pink in the creme.
Application was great! The OPI extra wide brush made this super simple to coat my nails in two coats. This is a very soft lavender and I like it but would most likely wear it underneath other lacquers.


So What did I decide to pair this with? A shatter of course!

I couldnt decide which shatter to choose with this lavender creme but Im very happy with my decision to use Navy Shatter.


I love the navy shatter with it. For those who dont have shatter, the thinner the coat the more cracks. The problem with doing thin coats is that on some nails the navy wasnt opaque enough and came out a royal color. I didnt mind.
I really like this combination of Steady As She Rose and Navy shatter. I will wear this combo again!

8 comments:

Mickey May 16, 2011 at 7:30 PM  

Hi I really love your blog.

I has a question were did you get these polishes.

The "steady as she goes" and "navy shatter" I mean.



Please visit my blogs:
http://wonderland-sweet.blogspot.com/
http://circus-sweet.blogspot.com/

Carolina May 16, 2011 at 9:36 PM  

I love this... looks very nice with the navy shatter.

Catanya May 17, 2011 at 3:44 AM  

Hey! That's really a lovely shade! And with the navy shatter, it looks fierce!!
Long time no read...
XOXO from
Catanya

Rilakumaki May 17, 2011 at 11:10 AM  

Nice! I'd like to get the steady as she goes. It looks pretty unique being grayish purple and all

Varnish Me Up May 17, 2011 at 11:53 AM  

Hi! Great blog :)

I love navy blue crackles! I dont like crackles but this navy i may just get...do you know when it was released?

Silva May 17, 2011 at 12:20 PM  

What a lovely color, and the crackle is pretty too!

nail crazy May 17, 2011 at 1:52 PM  

lovely colour :-D
with navy crackle makes a perfect combo :-D

Paulina May 20, 2011 at 3:15 AM  

gorgeous base colour!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP