243- OPI Planks A Lot and Silver Shatter

 Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Its OPI week here on toesthattwinkle and today I will be continuing with another lacquer from OPI's new Pirates of the Caribbean collection! The polish I chose to review for you in this post is called Planks A Lot.


Planks A Lot is a medium purple that has a touch of grey. Its a very pretty shade almost like a dusty lavender. However you describe it, its pretty!
 

OPI makes a bi-zillion different shades so its surprising to me that they have never come out with this kind of purple before. Its perfect for the spring and I honestly dont own anything like this. 


When this came out with the Pirates collection I was also a little bit curious as to why they stuck this purple in. Now that Im reviewing them I am realizing that all these pastels are a bit "dusty" and a little less vibrant. I actually like this change of pace in the nail polish world. These are the kinds of polishes that seem simple but actually have to be done really well to look good and OPI has mastered the dusty look.


Application was excellent. Planks A Lot was perfect in two coats. I am growing to love OPI's extra wide brush as it only takes me two swipes per nail now!


This polish was a bit hard to capture in photos I think thats a characteristic of purple polishes!


I decided to add Silver Shatter to this lacquer. I was dying to try it so I thought, "Why not put it over this beautiful purple!"


Well Silver Shatter is definitely very silvery. You have to realize that when you apply a shatter over a color that shatter is the new overpowering shade on your nail. So I went from having a purple nail polish on to mainly having a silver polish with hints of purple.

With shatter thinner coats mean more cracks and I think for this manicure thick coats or fewer but bigger coats would probably have been better. Oh Well! I like this combination but wish I got to see more purple. I also took these pictures before putting on top coat and I think you definitely should apply the extra gloss. I really do like this manicure though.

I was impressed by the quality of both the shatter and Planks A Lot. They are both wonderful additions to my nail polish stash. What do you think of this look?

7 comments:

Miss Starshiny May 17, 2011 at 4:41 PM  

I love this kind of purple!!!

Antique Paperie May 17, 2011 at 4:55 PM  

I LOVE the Silver Shatter! Gorgeous nails...

Silva May 17, 2011 at 5:20 PM  

I love the combination, though I also wish there was a little bit more of the purple.

Carolina May 17, 2011 at 6:17 PM  

I love this combo, I had it on my toes last week!
Great review!

MrsMayHenry May 26, 2011 at 9:51 PM  

I'm wearing this color now! I love it

Anonymous,  July 5, 2012 at 10:34 PM  

would you describe these pastels as "dusty?" they look kind of dusty to me.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP