245- Mermaids Tears and Blue Shatter

 Thursday, May 19, 2011

I am LOVING the Pirates of the Carribean collection. All these pastels are dusky and unique while still being perfect for spring. The names are awesome too! I love Mermaids Tears for the cool green shade Im going to review.


 I initially thought this lacquer would be a dull mint green if that makes any sense. It is kind of a muted mint but I really do think this shade is best described as a true green that has a hint of grey to it. I really thought it was interesting and I think OPI did an awesome job with it.


Application was great. Two coats is all you needed (besides a top coat.) I thought the first coat applied a bit streaky but the second one really fixed that. 


I actually do see this color in the Pirates Collection. It reminds me of the sea in a non obvious way. I like the collection a lot so far and this is one of my favorites.


I decided to add a shatter to this and the closet one to me was Blue Shatter so I stuck it on this one as well!


I like the combination a lot. I think I like it a bit more with Sparrow me the Drama but think the combo with the green is also really cool. Im just loving this blue shimmer/shatter its awesome!


What do you think of this combo? Do you like it more than blue shatter with Sparrow me the Drama?



7 comments:

rebecca May 19, 2011 at 8:12 PM  

I really love that color. Looks awesome! I'll have to go get that shade now

Antique Paperie May 20, 2011 at 12:36 AM  

WHOA! That is so cool ~ I love the Blue Shatter over the green, it just makes it more of a "Girl Pirate" Beach look...It's fabulous! I LOVE all your posts... Now that I have found your blog, my passion for doing my nails is over the top! I want to do them all the time :)

Paulina May 20, 2011 at 3:14 AM  

what a lovely colour!

Amy May 20, 2011 at 9:40 AM  

I like the blue with it- its cool

Cathy Kennedy May 20, 2011 at 10:16 AM  

I love beautifully painted fingernails, but I'm not big into it. For myself, I prefer very soft colors like pink or white frost. Mainly, I use clear a lot. I like the sparkly blue you applied over the green, though, but not for me. :(

Cathy Kennedy, Children's Author
The Tale of Ole Green Eyes

Read today's post ...
Ramble With Purpose

Silva May 20, 2011 at 10:38 AM  

Mermaid Tears is absolutely gorgeous!

Purple Froggie Clay Stuff May 20, 2011 at 10:54 AM  

That is some awesome color! I got one the other day, green. Then I was at the grocery store and looked down. Someone else had the same color on their toes. Followed the foot to the face of the person and there before me stood a very husky man. Interesting.

Anyhoo.. I'm your newest follower, over from the hop.

Hope you can stop by sometime..

Have a great day!

Cindy
Purple Froggie Clay Stuff

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP