246- Skull & Glossbones and Turquoise Shatter

 Friday, May 20, 2011

So I have already reviewed Mermaid Tears, Sparrow Me the Drama, Planks A Lot, and Steady as She Rose. That means I have two opis left to review Skull & GlossBones and Stranger Tides.


If you couldn't already guess from the title I will be reviewing Skull & Glossbones today.
Skull & Glossbones is my favorite name from this collection. Its genius and fun! Its a grey with hints of green in it. Very cool. 


Application was good this needed two coats to get the right color. All of the lacquers in this collection has needed two coats which I think is a great thing. Any more coats and I get impatient!


I love concrete like colors for nails, I dont know why I just think of the cement color to be chic. I really liked this shade and the application was great. This needs a topcoat.


I decided to add another shatter and for this shade I chose Turquoise Shatter. In my opinion this shade of shatter is just gorgeous and I want is as a regular shade as well! OPI hit it out of the park for this shatter.


I love the combination of Turquoise Shatter over Skull & Glossbones. You have to remember that when you add a shatter color it becomes the dominate color your wearing so I think it makes sense that OPI realized neutrals and pastels with the shatters for the season. They really do make gorgeous combinations. 


I like this look a lot but what do you thing?


13 comments:

Antique Paperie May 20, 2011 at 11:32 AM  

I love that name too! I too like the gray and cement colors...I do like the turquoise, but I want to see it with Black Shatter or Silver Shatter as well...I think with Skull & Glossbones you could do just about any shatter and it would look cool....You rock this blog! Have a great weekend :)

Celia May 20, 2011 at 11:55 AM  

Ohh the turquoise shatter is awesome

Carolina May 20, 2011 at 11:58 AM  

I'm wearing S&G today with the Navy Shatter.
I loooooooooove it!!

Paulina May 20, 2011 at 12:06 PM  

beautiful base colour, but i don't like the cracle polish

cajunlicious May 20, 2011 at 2:01 PM  

Hi! Following you from the Friday blog hop! Hope you visit my Cajun blog and return the follow!
- Jessica @ http://cajunlicious.com

Jen M May 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM  

New follower from Friday Blog Hop! :)
Jen @ My Secret Home

Marine to a Housewife May 20, 2011 at 2:24 PM  

new following from the blog hop! hope you'll follow up, btw i love the crackle nail polishes!

Silva May 20, 2011 at 4:31 PM  

I really love the color! It's so pretty ^^

LINDY LEGENDS AND OTHER SUCH NONSENSE May 20, 2011 at 5:56 PM  

Oh my gosh! A blog devoted to nail polish? Where have you been all my life? Love it! I'm your newest follower from That Friday Blog hop. www.lindylegend.blogspot.com

Pam @ over50feeling40 May 20, 2011 at 7:58 PM  

I just hopped over from the BLog Hop and I like your blog...your header is really cute and anyone who review OPI colors is a keeper!! I will become one of your followers and hope you will visit and follow me as well. I will return!

TerinAleah May 20, 2011 at 10:01 PM  

I'm a new follower! :)
http://terinaleah27.blogspot.com/

Anna May 20, 2011 at 10:15 PM  

I saw the ad for these in a magazine...such a great idea! I've got to get these! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP