253- Zoya Summertime (Part 1)

 Wednesday, May 25, 2011

So for Zoya Week I will also be reviewing the Summertime and Sunshine collections.
 
Lets start with the Summertime Collection.
 
Zoya described the collection as "Strong tones and a cream finish best describes the Zoya Summertime Collection for Summer 2011.  The six bold, luscious shades are highly pigmented and deliver  a unique twist on the classic Summer creams"

  From Left to Right: Sooki, Tamsen, Kieko, Areej, Mira and Breezi
  
I will be reviewing these nail polishes two at a time so for today I will start with Sooki and Tamsen.

Sooki

Sooki is a bright red creme. Its fun and a bit on the cherry side. This is the kind of color that is always in vogue and looks good on everyone. 



Application was wonderful. No problems here! The more coats you put on the darker the color becomes but I stopped at 3 which was plenty. On some nails I stopped at two. 



One thing I love about Zoya Cremes is that they are incredibly durable. Im the kind of girl who gets chips in the first hour and this one never chipped before I had to take it off (to swatch more polishes).



Tamsen

Tamsen is not as true a red as Sooki. Its much more "brick" and I can see some burnt orange tints to it. I like it but its not the color I gravitate too.



Application was good. After glitters and shatters cremes are just so easy! They go on like butter and are glossy and squishy looking when dry. Seriously no problem at all.



Tamsen is a red-orange that is interesting enough that I dont have a dupe but simple enough you could wear it anywhere in any season. 
 

Kieko


When I was starting to review this collection I had someone with me and I asked her what her favorite shade is and she said Kieko. 



Kieko is a purple creme that has hints of pink. Its slightly different than a royal purple because of the pink accents. I love it but originally thought it would just be ok.



Application was awesome again. Two coats gets you opaque but I would recommend doing a third to get completely even color!



Thats it for part one! Kieko, Tasmen and Sooki were all great and set a high standard for the rest of the Summertime collection. I am personally loving these cremes for summer they are polishes and pretty and they all are slightly tweaked and unique.

9 comments:

Cris at Let them have Polish! May 25, 2011 at 5:13 PM  

Pretty? Yes, Unique? No. I had dead on O.P.I dupes for 5 out of the six colors. Sooki is the only one that I didnt have a dupe for :(

Silva May 25, 2011 at 5:41 PM  

Kieko is such a pretty color!

Sunray Gardening May 25, 2011 at 6:01 PM  

Following from Friday blog, stop back over to do same when you have time.
Cher

Craig Outdoors May 25, 2011 at 6:29 PM  

Follow Friday blog and friend above and following now. Stop by and follow when you can. Thanks.

Kristina May 25, 2011 at 8:01 PM  

Hi :) Nice blog you got there, I was wonderin if we could be friends and follow each others blogs? ^__^ Thank youuuu.~

A Polished Touch May 25, 2011 at 9:23 PM  

Keiko is definitely my favourite so far - purple always has a home in my collection. :)

Kristina May 26, 2011 at 5:53 AM  

Thank you! :'3 Following you back~ :D

Paulina May 26, 2011 at 6:50 AM  

nice collection, i like it :)

nail crazy May 26, 2011 at 10:45 AM  

sooki looks awesome :-)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP