255- Dove Chocolate Discoveries Review!

 Saturday, May 28, 2011

I am so sorry I did not post yesterday, I legitimately thought I had but I had just saved it and had not published it.

Besides nail polish one of my favorite hobbies is to bake. I love to whip up deserts in particular and share them with my family and friends. I get a sense of accomplishment when I see everyone saying yum. It helps when you get a good recipe so that the baked goods taste great! 

I was received the White Chocolate Lemon Baking Mix and recipe cards in Chocolate Crowd-Pleasers.

 70% of the Dove Chocolate Discoveries products are under $20 which I think is great and super affordable. Dove Chocolate Discoveries is constantly coming out with new products. They just came out with new products for spring.
Ok back to the two products I got to review.

The recipes I got were a great size and had so many interesting recipes I just cant wait to try. I love exploring in the culinary world and I cant wait to use each recipe for a new baked good! The recipes come in sets of 13- a bakers dozen! I thought it was a cute little detail.


There are more than one set of recipe cards from Dove Discoveries I just decided to try the Crowd-Pleasers. Dove describes this product as "A whole new set of easy entertaining hits with chocolate in the leading role. How about Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream Sandwiches or Triple Cream Fudge Cake? Pretty in Pink Smoothies or toast the sunset with White Chocolate Key Lime Cups."

The baker dozen recipe sets are priced at $5. Thats a great price for the recipes you get. These are not recipes you can find online and the size makes these easy to use and easy to store. I can see these being a great gift to everyone who likes to bake. 

Onto my new favorite cupcakes from the New White Chocolate Meyer Lemon Baking Mix.


I love lemon and I love white chocolate but I had never had either in cupcake form. So I was intrigued to try this product to say the least. Inside the box there were two big white bags, one labeled cupcake mix and one labeled frosting mix.

I decided to try the lemon cupcakes first. I actually made it with one of my best girl friends. We had so much fun and they were easy and quick to make. I had promised her that she would get half the batch to take home at the end. 

We ended up making 24 mini cupcakes and 8 very large cupcakes with the batter. The description of the mix says, "Let them eat cake! And they'll come running for the seductive flavor of cake (or cupcakes) made with DCD shaved white chocolate and the tang of Meyer Lemon highlighted by Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla. You'll whip it up in no time with the added bonus of yummy Meyer Lemon frosting. (Tasting will be overlooked, but please leave some for the cake.)(MAKES 1 8-INCH CAKE OR 12 CUPCAKES)"



It would be hard to describe how amazing these cupcakes were. I mean they were fantastic. In fact when it came time for my friend to leave she forgot to take the half of cupcakes as promised. I was going to call her to come back to get them when my family told me not to. They were getting possessive over the lemon cupcakes! Those lemon pieces of goodness was the center of a fight for the last cupcake in the batch. They were gobbled up so fast I couldn't take a picture.



I did not use the white chocolate frosting mix when I made these cupcakes because the lemon cupcake was so good you didnt even need frosting.


I did however make the frosting mix to accompany a store bought box of chocolate cupcakes. The frosting was  harder to whip up than the cupcakes but it was still a piece of cake (get it!) 



I very much enjoyed both products and would try each of them again. The Lemon cupcakes were priced at $14 which is reasonable for gourmet baked goods I just wished they would have made 24 cupcakes not 12. That's really my only complaint. 

Dove Discoveries has so many other gourmet products that will get your friends as impressed with your cooking skills as my family and friend was with the lemon cupcake! Its easy to become an instant chef with no work at all with these no fail mixes. Or you can buy dove chocolates that are ready to eat! Here are some other products you can get at Dove Discoveries:

Chocolate Baking Mix
Cinnamon Apples A La Mode
Pro Series Tempering Unit

You can find many great products when you click this link and please leave a comment about this post or about a product you saw at Dove Discoveries you want to try/use!

7 comments:

Danielle May 28, 2011 at 8:29 AM  

I want to try those cupcakes!

Anonymous,  May 28, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

Those cupcakes look delish!

Elementary Library May 28, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Hi ladies! I am the independent chocolatier that provided the products for this review. Check out my website and email me - we can get you hooked up with these amazing products!
Thanks for the interest:)

Sherri @ Antique Paperie May 28, 2011 at 5:16 PM  

Ooooh they look awsome! I def. want to try those! I love Cupcakes, period!

Belle May 28, 2011 at 7:39 PM  

baking and nails ♥ best combo ever! following you now hehe hope you do the same back thanks love your blog hun!

would love if you shared some recipes tooo ;)

Elementary Library May 30, 2011 at 8:53 PM  

Order going in later tonight! Message me your order if interested digga@neo.rr.com

Elementary Library June 9, 2011 at 7:34 PM  

Feel free to check out my facebook page and like it
www.facebook.com/booksandchocolates

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP