256- Zoya Sunshine Collection (Part 1)

 Sunday, May 29, 2011

I hope you all have a fabulous holiday weekend and relax. I painted my toenails Areej from the Summertime collection and I have gotten so many compliments on it. I think it might be my favorite from that collection.

Zoya Week at Toes That Twinkle! is definitely not over and I am so excited to review the Sunshine collection and the new limited edition Touch trio from Zoya.

First the Sunshine collection. Zoya describes this line as "Six new rich and elegant shades for Summer. Each delicious shade is infused with a glowing golden metallic sparkle that creates your own sunshine on each fingertip.  Each ultra long wearing Zoya Sunshine nail polish shade is highly pigmented and applies like silk."

The six shades in this collection (from top left to bottom right) are made up of Tanzy, Rica, Faye, Reva, Kimmy and Apple. My first reaction was that there was one name that wasn't like the others. I thought Zoya named after women but it wouldn't hurt if they choose Apple after they covered all the common names (or even after my name!) I do like that the names are fun and I can associate them with a shimmer summer collection.


 

For this post I will be reviewing Reva, Kimmy and Apple.

Zoya Reva 

Reva is red with a raspberry like color that has a copper shimmer. Every girl needs a red polish and this sort of lacquer is a twist on the standard red. I have to say that it is a very flattering color. 
 

 I expected Reva to be thin and watery but it was the exact opposite. The color is pigmented and perfect in two coats. Just perfect and I think that formula is a way in which Zoya polishes shine. 

Zoya Kimmy
Zoya Kimmy is a bright red with gold sparkle. I think it has an orange tint in it that is more apparent in the bottle than it is on the nail. 
 


Application was flawless. This shimmer is so pigmented that you could even get away with one coat (I did two for safety) The zoya brush is thin but super easy to use and I actually prefer it over the extra wide opi brush but that's just my personal preference. 
 

Zoya Apple
Zoya Apple is well an Apple green! Its light and bright and the gold sparkle just makes this polish really shine. This was the polish I was the most excited about but wasn't sure how it would look on my nails. I really like it and have nothing like this in my collection!



Application was fine this one took three coats and I would recommend waiting in between coats to make sure the color is even. 
 
My feelings on these three lacquers are simple. I love shimmers and these are all up my alley. I do think I had a dupe of Reva but a polish like Apple is completely unique to me. These shades could be worn in almost every season and I wish they were a bit brighter for summer. That's my only complaint. Application on Reva and Kimmy was great. Apple was probably my favorite though because the apple green and gold flakes is just gorgeous!

Please tell me what you think of the Zoya Sunshine collection.

9 comments:

Miss Starshiny May 29, 2011 at 8:58 AM  

haven't you received the things I sent you?
misstarshiny@hotmail.com

Cafe Fashionista May 29, 2011 at 9:13 AM  

Reva - ohmigosh I love it! The color is phenom! :)

Sylvia May 29, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

I love apple! It's gorgeous

Belle May 29, 2011 at 10:46 AM  

omg :D reva looks amazing on you hah great reviews

Sherri @ Antique Paperie May 29, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

Oooooooh! I LOVE the Reva! It's gorgeous!

Silva May 29, 2011 at 11:50 AM  

Apple is incredibly gorgeous!

Miss Starshiny May 29, 2011 at 12:47 PM  

nice to hear that you liked them!
xoxo Miss Starshiny

TriGirl May 29, 2011 at 12:49 PM  

I <3 those! Especially the first and last!

D.Sadie May 29, 2011 at 2:15 PM  

Thanks for the comment on my blog! This is great review and I love your blog! I'm now following you. =)

-Dnah
http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP