257- Zoya Sunshine Collection (Part 2)

 Monday, May 30, 2011

Today I will be reviewing the other three lacquers from Zoya's new Sunshine Collection. All the polishes in this collection are shimmers and are infused with sparkles and personally I am loving the results! 

From Left to Right; Tanzy, Rica, and Faye

Tanzy  

 Tanzy is definitely an orange. Its basically a tangerine shimmer with loads of copper glitter inside. I think that Tanzy and Apple really do look like their fruit counterparts of an apple and orange. They are delicious and Tanzy is well Tanzy! What a fun name. 

 Application for Tanzy was fine. Two to three coats are needed to get the desired color. The color is just so much fun and I usually hate orange polish. This is definitely a keeper in my eyes!
Rica

Rica is a beautiful medium orange coral shimmer. It has an almost pink like appearance. Its a very pretty color.

Application for Rica was also good but not amazing. Some fingers needed two coats but most needed three. For the Sunshine Shimmers you really do need to wait between coats I know I said that yesterday but its vital for these to get an even smooth look.

Faye
Faye is one gorgeous color but I have a dilemma. I already own it! You see Rally Pretty Pink from OPI's Serena duos is exactly the same shade. I love the rose color that's filled with gold but now I have two of the shades.

 I think application was fair for this polish. Its pretty thin and you needed at least three coats to get the color. OPI's formula was better so I actually would give it over to OPI for this polish. Its just not as opaque as I would have liked.  

These three polishes were all gorgeous shimmers that I am glad to own. I just wish they were more pigmented and that I could have gotten away with only two coats. 

The whole Sunshine collection was incredibly fun. These are standout shiny polishes and who doesn't like that! I was a bit disappointed by the bulk of the formulas but Reva and Kimmy's application were great. I was expecting the Zoyas to be pretty and they were I just didn't get the wow factor to the application which usually Zoya gives. Basically I really liked the lacquers but I didn't fall head over heels for them because of the application issues.

7 comments:

Belle May 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM  

rica's my fave in this post :D

rock-or-not May 30, 2011 at 11:19 AM  

Nice polishes!!
I'm personaly waiting for Faye!

Silva May 30, 2011 at 11:20 AM  

Faye is absolutely gorgeous.

Sherri @ Antique Paperie May 30, 2011 at 12:39 PM  

Oh I love Faye! I love it. That's the one I want :) And, Guess what? my daughter and I are painting our nails today because of you - because of your blog and how much FUN it is and all the great reviews - She loves looking at your blog as well - she is only 11! {she thinks your pretty darn cool!}...Happy Holiday today my friend! xo

D.Sadie May 30, 2011 at 1:38 PM  

Love love love! The colors are so pretty.

-Dinah
http://dgsbeauty.blogspot.com/

AnnKiins'♥ May 30, 2011 at 5:49 PM  

Teehee, I agree with Rock or Not!
Faye is the star in this collection >:3

The Student's Guide To Nail Polish May 30, 2011 at 7:18 PM  

Hi hun,

Just commenting to say that the blog sale is now open internationally, so you can pick up that ASOS Paint if you still want it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP