261- OPI Catherine the Grape and Zoya Pippa

 Friday, June 3, 2011

Today I will be reviewing OPI's Catherine the Grape and Zoya's Pippa. I have to say both nail polish companies hit it out of the park with their names. Zoya coined this polish Pippa before the royal wedding- well done! and OPI makes me giggle with Catherine The Grape. That has to be one of my all time favorite nail polish names.

 OPI introduced the world to Catherine the Grape in 2007's Russian Collection. Its a very pretty plum grape with shimmer. This true purple found its way to me through a swap and I have to say I love it more than I thought I would! The shimmer in light is very beautiful but in the shade is hardly noticeable I think it is because its shy! 

Application was great! Even though this is an older polish OPI still had the extra wide brush and it was a breeze applying this lacquer. Two coats were used with an optional topcoat. 

I love Catherine and think this shade of plum grape with the shimmer is just outstandingly gorgeous. Its perfect for winter but I wore it now for summer. I think if you like a polish and it looks good, where it whenever you like! 

 Zoya Pippa is a very nice yellow creme polish. It wasnt until recently that I liked yellow on my hands and part of the reason I now do is Pippa. You see I have a yellow undertone in my skin which makes it hard for me to find a yellow without looking sickly. 

I currently have three yellows but Pippa is now my go to yellow shade. I really like how it looks on me and the shade of yellow that it is. I do wish application was better, usually Zoya cremes blow me away but this was streaky and needed 3-4 coats. I used an evener top coat afterwards and was very happy with this manicure. I got a lot of compliments on this shade!
This yellow creme is great but application was tough. I read somewhere that yellow nail polishes always have a worse application than its counterparts. Weird! 

I want to know what polish you liked better Zoya's Pippa or OPI Catherine the Grape.

6 comments:

nail crazy June 3, 2011 at 6:22 AM  

i like catherine the grape, i'm not so sure about the yellow colour ;-)

Silva June 3, 2011 at 6:53 AM  

I need Catherine the grape. What an incredibly gorgeous color!

Emily June 3, 2011 at 6:56 AM  

I love the Catherine the Grape! I'd wear the Pippa too, but only on my toes.

Best,
Emily from Nap Time Is My Time

Anna June 3, 2011 at 3:32 PM  

I'm in love with that purple! :)

carissakuo June 3, 2011 at 4:48 PM  

catherine the grape is absolutely gorgeous!! and i personally love yellows so i'm liking the yellow as well! :)

Sherri @ Antique Paperie June 3, 2011 at 9:48 PM  

I LOVE the Pippa! It's so Summer...And it looks good on your nails girl! xoxo Happy weekend!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP