262- Kmart Slim Fabulous Clothing Review

 Saturday, June 4, 2011

Today you cannot go to a formal event without someone mentioning spanx or shapewear that helped streamline a gown. Heck most people buy a dress that they know they need to wear spanx under. It is clear that shapewear is very important.

The problem with spanx and other brands of shapewear is that its very expensive and when you have to buy a dress and shapewear for an event it can be costly. 



Kmart wanted their customers to be able to buy the dress and the shapewear together for very fair prices, so they came out with their new SlimFabulous Line. The collection combines clothing items with shapewear so you can throw them on and get that amazing streamlined look.



As an aside I have to say that I do not usually buy my clothing at Kmart. I am a designer girl and prefer to buy J Crew, BCBG, and so on rather than buying from Kmart or other discount department stores.




I decided that I wanted to try this collection and see what these clothes would look and feel like. The prices were so low and the shapewear concept was interesting so it was a no lose solution.



I ended up getting Kmarts twist top dress in the leopard print to review for you guys! This was not the item I loved most but it was fine with me! 




The dress was very soft and confortable. The label says to step into the dress and at first I didnt see that and tried to pull it over my head feeling like a failure. You do need to step into it!




The real probem I had with this dress was not the quality. I thought that Kmart really outdid theirselves. It was pretty and I liked the knot detail. The problem was the proportions. This dress is made for someone with a low waist and long legs. Two things I do not have. Its not the dress for me because of it.




If this dress hit at the right places it would be fine and even cute. The dress retails for $25 which I think is a great price.




As for the shapewear, I was definitely sucked in! It was tight but comfortable and I looked like I had virtually no budges, everything was smooth. I would have like to try the tops and I might look around Kmart now for this upcoming line!


Out of ten I would rate this dress a 9 for value. It seriously is made well and works but on me it looks like a 5 just because of its terrible proportions. Im sure on a taller girl this would be fine but it was just too long and gave me no waist. 




What do you think of shapewear inside of clothing? Would you be willing to go outside of the box and try clothing from Kmart? You might be pleased with the quality!

7 comments:

Anna June 4, 2011 at 12:26 PM  

I would be interested in trying it. I'm currently trying to lose a few extra lbs and it would be great to wear something that would compliment me right now. :)

White-Rose June 4, 2011 at 12:30 PM  

Great blog !! :) I post Your button on my blog :) http://whiterose-photos.blogspot.com/

Deb June 4, 2011 at 12:55 PM  

All of the Kmart stores in my area closed down several years ago. I thought Kmart was pretty much done for as a company until started seeing commercials for the stores again. The nearest one is like 80 miles away though. It's strange for me to think that Kmart might actually be selling anything of decent quality. Kmart always had such cruddy quality stuff. Kind of makes me wish the Kmart store was open again just to so I could satisfy my curiosity.

Sherri @ Antique Paperie June 5, 2011 at 2:03 AM  

Girlfriend - I need some of that shapewear! LOL...I think the dress is cute - But I've never shopped at a Kmart and don't think I even know where one is. I thought they closed down long ago. Cool review though - I like how they present the photos.

Jacque June 5, 2011 at 3:06 PM  

Great post! I never shop at Kmart either, but I would be tempted to try this clothing line for sure! We can always use a little help to hide some bulges! Found your blog from Swingin by Sunday blog hop!

Lisa @ Granola Catholic June 5, 2011 at 8:38 PM  

I never shop K-mart either, but I did recently buy a dress with shape wear built in I love it. I might be interested in checking out the K-Mart line, the price is certainly right.

Susan S June 7, 2011 at 6:13 PM  

I don't care where I purchase my clothing as long as it makes me look and feel good. Whether it is Macy's or a thrift store (I wash before I wear), I don't care. I think that dress looks rather cute!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP