263- Last Part of Mattese Elite's Sugar Kissed Foils!

 Sunday, June 5, 2011

I cleaned out the area I keep my packages this morning and I found a small box from Rickys that contained two Mattese Elite lacquers from their Sugar Kissed Foil Collection. I felt horrible because I already reviewed the others and forgot about these pretty polishes! If you want to see the past reviews just click here.

So today I will review those two polishes who were left undiscovered. Golden Peeps and Raspberry Star are gorgeous foil shades that I am so glad I found! 

First up Golden Peeps.

Golden Peeps is a fantastic gold foil with silver shimmer inside. The only problem I have with this is that I don't usually wear gold as I don't like the way it looks on my skin. This is a very pretty gold but I'm not sure if I can pull it off. 

 Application was great. I used two coats and no topcoat for the picture but would use a topcoat when I wear it. 

Raspberry Star is a lighter pink foil than its sister Strawberry Trufles.

 I like this light pink foil. Its, in my opinion, a modern twist to the simple pink polish. Its stunning. I think this is a fantastic spring color.
Application was superb. These foils only need two coats and shine on their own but I like to add a topcoat.

Mattese Elite is the home nail polish brand of Ricky's cosmetics. Rickys is "An edgy, ultra-hip "beauty shop" specializing in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics, and beauty supplies, Ricky's NYC has been a part of New York's urban chic culture for nearly two decades. From style-conscious teenagers and their suburbanite moms to Hollywood celebrities and their professional stylists, Ricky's NYC plays host to a diverse, cult-like following of clientele. "
 
I have always been impressed with the quality of Mattese Elite's polish. The lacquers apply like butter and I find their shades to be unique. I love this spring foil collection. 
What did you think of these two polishes. Did you like Golden Peeps on my skin? Let me know!

10 comments:

Jossie Castro June 5, 2011 at 8:43 AM  

Wow so pretty! The golden peeps reminds me of Christmas.

Kittie Howard June 5, 2011 at 9:15 AM  

Really pretty! I think the raspberry looked GREAT. I think the gold, tho very pretty, needs more of a contrast.

Charlotte Sparkle June 5, 2011 at 9:47 AM  

Nice polishes, love that golden peeps.

Silva June 5, 2011 at 1:03 PM  

Golden Peeps is such a pretty color!

Jacque June 5, 2011 at 3:11 PM  

Now following you! I think the Raspberry Star is really pretty! I like the Golden Peeps too, but like you I don't wear very much gold.

Lisa - the Granola Catholic June 5, 2011 at 8:39 PM  

Following you from blog hop. I used to wear a gold polish back in the day, on my toes. I though it went well with the sand on the beach.

Sherri @ Antique Paperie June 6, 2011 at 11:15 AM  

I want those....they are on my top 2 favorites list to find this Summer!!!

Anna June 6, 2011 at 1:35 PM  

Love the raspberry star! :)

Susan S June 7, 2011 at 6:07 PM  

Raspberry Star is Yummy!

marox79 June 14, 2011 at 7:48 AM  

I have an untried foil from Essence that's similar to Raspberry Star.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP