267- Hard Candy Reviews!

 Friday, June 10, 2011

I think all makeup lovers have fell for a brand that seemed to disappear from stores. For me that brand was Hard Candy so I was very happy to see it reemerge at Walmart at cheaper prices. 


Whenever I find myself at a Walmart I make it a point to check out the cosmetics aisle especially the Hard Candy display. The thing Hard Candy is known for is outrageous pretty glitters and great quality cosmetics. When this brand was at Sephora and Ulta years ago the prices were about four times the prices that Walmart's Hard Candy line debuts. The quality has not changed so get your butt out to walmart and buy some Hard Candy products!




Hard Candy sports a line called "Eye Def" which are glitter creams that come in a test tube like container with an aplicater similar to a lip gloss! I like the packaging and found these to be very easy to use.




I got the Eye Def glitter cream in Algae. Its a green moss kind of color that really compliments blue and brown eyes. I thought it was so easy to use. When you apply it it feels wet and very glittery but it dries very fast and to the glitter cream finish. I love it. Its so much easier than applying eyeshadow and the look is beautiful. 


From Vampy Varnish (the one on the left)


Eye Def retails for $6 a great price for the quality and colors you get. Algae is really pretty and Im glad I own it!


One of my favorite Hard Candy products is the Fox in the Box. Fox in the Box is basically four complementing shades that when swirled together make up an awesome blush. Each box has a brush and folds into a easy to travel square. Its supposed to be similar in packaging to Benefit's Box Blushes




I recently got Smooth Talker but I already had and loved Hot Flash. 



Smooth Talker is a very pretty natural looking blush. Its more up my alley as I favor the natural looking face most of the time. (I save glitters and bold colors for nights out). 




The colors arent super pigmented so you do have to swirl a lot but thats a small con in these reasonable very pretty blush sets. Hot Flash is more of a red/pink blush and Smooth Talker has more coral hues. I think I like Smooth Talker better on my skin. 




Im very happy with both my Fox in a Boxes and my new Eye Def glitter cream and cannot recommend Hard Candy products enough! What do you think, are these up your alley? Have you tried Hard Candy products?

7 comments:

nail crazy June 10, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

eye glitters looks awesome :-D

Sherri @ Antique Paperie June 10, 2011 at 10:17 AM  

I love Hard Candy! At our Walmart it's always picked through and out of stock though - I have never tried the Eye Creams...I only buy the Glittery Lip Glosses in the Hard Candy Line..and what about the Nail Colors with the cute little Rings on them? My daughter always gets the rings. She loves them! Cool Review! I will have to try Fox in a Box...Cool name!

Anonymous,  June 10, 2011 at 11:04 AM  

I love this

Deb June 10, 2011 at 12:44 PM  

Obviously, I've tried their nail polishes. Those are nice. I also tried their concealer palette and gloss that comes in a click pen (similar to Stila). The concealer palette is really nice. All of the concealers are very creamy and blendable. The gloss is nice as well. However, it has that strong caramel scent. I didn't find it too bothersome, but others might. The gloss isn't super sticky either.

Silva June 10, 2011 at 2:06 PM  

The products look really pretty! Such a pity Hard Candy isn't available here :(

♥beauxs mom June 13, 2011 at 10:18 PM  

GREAT POST!! I was also super excited that hard candy came back they were one of my faves too i use to pay the high price at sephora!! and now that they are at walmart its awesome, i havent tried the eye glitters but i want to now they look so pretty and easy to use is always the best...

marox79 June 14, 2011 at 7:39 AM  

Why can't we have all those gorgeous brands over here?? Our drugstores can't see any further than Maybelline. The packaging of those Hard Candy boxes strongly reminds me (and everyone, I guess) of Benefit.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP