269- OPI Nice Stems! Collection

 Sunday, June 12, 2011

Its spring and I feel myself gravitating to pinks, greens and pastel purples. So I was pleasantly surprised to see that OPI came out with a new collection called Nice Stems. Its a mini collection and only has four shades but they are all shades of pink which makes me happy!

Every woman should own a pink or red polish just like every woman should own a little black dress. The problem is most pink and red shades are unoriginal so nail polish companies stay away from making a new classic shade. Luckily OPI didnt and came up with four new fashionable lacquers.


From the Press Release:
"Stop and see the flowers with summer’s Nice Stems! by OPI, a limited edition collection featuring four new nail lacquers in stunning shades of pink. With whimsical names based on their floral inspirations, these vibrant, flirty colors range from pale, frosty pink to rich fuchsia.  Nice Stems! offers fingers and toes a perfectly pink shade for all of summer’s looks."

Lets start with Be A Dahlia Wont You? This was the color that excited me the most. I love pink shimmers and this shade was up my alley. Its a medium pink with a blue shimmer. 




This color went crazy in front of the camera. I just could not control the shine! I used two thick coats for this color. You could easily do three thin coats for this polish. Its not the worst application but I wish I just needed two thin coats!




Play the Peonies is a light pink shimmer. Its application was great! I was expecting this to be a streaky mess but it certainly was not. I used two coats and this polish applied like butter. 




I think this light pink shimmer is just so pretty. Its probably one of the palest pinks in my collection and I love how prominent the shimmer is in this light pink. 




The coral pink in this collection is called Come to Poppy. I really liked this pink shimmer. 




This polish applied so smoothly. It just falls onto your nails and looks perfect in two coats. OPI really outdid themselves with this pink. 




The odd polish out in the collection is I Lily Love You. In the bottle this lacquer is a medium pink large flecked glitter. The flakes of glitter are not what OPI usually puts out but its nice and different.




The problem I have with this polish is that I used 5 coats and it still was not opaque. It looks like a jelly and I just wish it was more pigmented. If you put it over Be A Dahlia Won't You? you do get the bottle shade.


Wait I have another picture. I liked Be A Dahlia Wont You? so much that I applied a matte topcoat. I just wanted to see it matte!



So those are the four shades from this collection. Which one is your favorite? Do you like Be A Dahlia matte?

12 comments:

Belle June 12, 2011 at 10:42 AM  

i'm feelin the purple pastel colours too! love the matte ;)

Cel June 12, 2011 at 11:31 AM  

I really like the glitter one, looks great for layering!

nail crazy June 12, 2011 at 12:07 PM  

i like the one with glitters, otherwise i'm not big fan of pinks :-D

D.Sadie June 12, 2011 at 2:50 PM  

I really like play the peonies. So pretty.

-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

*Check out my giveaway:
http://www.dgsbeauty.com/2011/06/dgsbeautys-100-followers-giveaway.html

Silva June 12, 2011 at 4:22 PM  

I love the first two colors!

Leslie June 13, 2011 at 6:37 AM  

omg! what a super cute collection - i love all the cute colors, especially the glitter one! gotta love opi!

thanks for the gorgeous swatches! :)

The Blonde Duck June 13, 2011 at 3:05 PM  

I love that last one and the glitter one!!!

♥beauxs mom June 13, 2011 at 10:20 PM  

i like them all pink is my all time fav nail polish color before blogging my stash was all pinks, i love be a dahlia matte its so pretty!

Anna June 13, 2011 at 10:54 PM  

These are so pretty! :)

The Bookworm June 14, 2011 at 3:57 AM  

I Lily Love You is my favorite from this collection :D And it looks good on your nails!

Roxy June 25, 2011 at 8:13 AM  

I'm surprised you aren't quite fond of I Lily Love You. I know most of OPI's glitters are fine and can be worn alone but you can totally tell this one is meant for layering.

I think this collection is a hit. I never expected Play The Peonies would be that awesome. I thought it would be a blah color but I really adore it.

I cannot WAIT to get mine. I know when the muppets come out, those bad boys are going on PRE-ORDER somehow, someway!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP