270- OPI Serena Williams Glam Slam! England

 Tuesday, June 14, 2011

I hope you all enjoyed OPI's Nice Stems collection because today I have another mini collection from OPI! Im sorry but this one doesn't have any gorgeous pinks like the last but it contains some awesome shimmers, glitters, and metallics.

OPI has partnered up with Serena Williams to make a couple limited edition mini collections. I have already reviewed two. The links are here and here. I was excited to see what the newest pack would contain!

I was pleasantly surprised to see such vibrant foils. Grape Set Match! is a gorgeous purple, Your Royal Shineness is an awesome silver and Serving up Sparkle is a hexagonal glitter.


Let me talk to you about my new favorite polish Grape, Set Match! This is not what I usually call a grape but its probably just for the cheesy name. In the bottle this polish has a clear pink duochrome but in person it has a more blue sparkle. Either way its pretty. 


Application was great. I used 2-3 coats depending on the size of the coats. I tried to keep them thin and it wasnt a problem. I did not use a topcoat. I just love this shade on my skin and this will be a go-to purple lacquer for me. 


Your Royal Shineness is basically Silver Shatter without the shatter affect. When I wore this shade a couple people remarked that it is "out there" and few went and told me that its not the best on my skintone. I like it but it is very metallic and I'm not sure if I will wear it again. I enjoy compliments but when people who know my love of nail polish tell me they don't like the shade I'm wearing I tend to listen.


Its a shame because you don't need a topcoat and application was smooth and simple. I used two thicker coats. My favorite silver is actually Spark De Triomphe from another Serena duo!


Last but not least is Serving Up Sparkle. It took me 5 coats to get this to be opaque and then it didnt want to photograph! What a pain! This beautiful glitter is a topcoat in my mind and not a polish because it has a clear base color.


When you add even one coat of Serving Up Sparkle you can make your manicure blingy! Its fun but Im not sure I will put it on everything! I added it to Your Royal Shineness and I like them together. 

What do you think about these three shades? My clear favorite was Grape, Set Match! but I want to know if you like the other two better.

14 comments:

LINDY LEGENDS AND OTHER SUCH NONSENSE June 14, 2011 at 8:46 AM  

Love all three! Serving up Sparkle reminds me of what was trending when I was a young girl-so happy to see it again, I'll have to get some! :)

Silva June 14, 2011 at 9:28 AM  

Serving up sparkle looks really pretty!

nail crazy June 14, 2011 at 11:06 AM  

i love bling-bling nails :-D

Toyomi June 14, 2011 at 3:31 PM  

I love Grape Set,Match ! I think purples are so beautiful .

Jossie June 14, 2011 at 3:35 PM  

Hi! I love them all, and there is one weird thing, there are colors that look fugly on my hands and amazing on my toes and viceversa. I can never go with naked toes, maybe tips for one day but that's it. Grape Set Match has me in love!

thenailaholic June 14, 2011 at 5:48 PM  

I am so excited for these!

Mimi June 14, 2011 at 7:21 PM  

i like the colors and the names are so cool! :D

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

D.Sadie June 14, 2011 at 10:06 PM  

Oh wow! I love the sparkles in each color! So pretty.

-Dinah
dgsbeauty.com

Silence is Loud June 15, 2011 at 3:28 AM  

my eyes went sparkle when i saw Serving Up Sparkle!!! so pretty!

A Polished Touch June 15, 2011 at 6:22 AM  

Love the 'Grape, Set Match!' and 'Serving Up Sparkle'. :) Now I need to own them, haha.

The Blonde Duck June 15, 2011 at 7:08 AM  

I just started playing tennis again! Do they have any in pink?

brittany,  July 3, 2011 at 5:30 PM  

that your royal shineness reminds me of luceren tainly look marvelous.

my blog is brittanysbeauty.onsugar.com

on you were following me on an old tumblr site I was using with connect, I just readjusted google connect to go with my new blog lol.

my other blogger sephoragirl.blogspot.com

do you think maybe you can give nail polish storage ideas?

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP