278- Finger Paints Peaceful Purple and Psychedelic Sunshine

 Thursday, June 23, 2011

Its officially summer and Im having a girls day which will consist of lots of sushi followed by a sex and the city marathon- what could be better!

Im halfway done with reviewing Finger Paints Peace Love and Color collection.  Today I will be reviewing and swatching Peaceful Purple and Psychedelic Sunshine.


Peaceful Purple was the shade that I gravitated too the most. I mean just look at the bottle! Its a gorgeous purple glitter that contains plum and silver sparkles.  


This plum glitter has a jelly finish and application was better than expected. Glitters can be tricky and I ended up using two to three coats to get the glitter to be opaque enough. Getting this lacquer off is such a pain! Glitters are so pretty on your nails but dang are they impossible to remove. 


Peaceful Purple is basically the same polish as All You Need Is Color except for the fact that its a pretty purple instead of teal. I really like this shade and think the glitter has more depth than most glitters have.


Psychedelic Sunshine is the bright yellow glitter in this collection. I like the name a lot and this polish is as happy as sunshine. It is a yellow glitter with holographic specks that are all in a clear jelly base.


Psychedelic Sunshine definitely had the worst formula in this collection. Its goopy and I needed 3-4 coats to get this lacquer even and opaque. You can still see VNL but after a while I gave up and stopped adding coats. 


I really like this shade of yellow and can safely say I have no polish like this. Im going to try this over a white base next time I wear it.


What do you think of these two shades? Finger Paints are found at Sallys and retail at $4.99, a good buy if you ask me!


9 comments:

Belle June 23, 2011 at 9:20 AM  

oo i'd much rather wear the purple... the yellow is a little bright for my taste, but not bad!

Jossie June 23, 2011 at 9:24 AM  

You have been tagged for an award!!

Silva June 23, 2011 at 10:50 AM  

The purple is gorgeous!

thenailaholic June 23, 2011 at 10:55 AM  

I have been going back and forth with Peaceful Purple like crazy! I still can't decide if I like it!

LadyLuck June 23, 2011 at 2:42 PM  

Hello dear, I just tagged you in my blog: http://ladyluckbeauty.blogspot.com/2011/06/stylish-blogger-award.html
Have a nice day :)

Toyomi June 23, 2011 at 4:50 PM  

The purple is my favorite !

TriGirl June 23, 2011 at 11:21 PM  

I would definitely choose the purple. I have never seen anything like that yellow. Not sure what to think of it!

Anna June 24, 2011 at 9:00 AM  

Love the peaceful purple! :)

Roxy June 25, 2011 at 8:03 AM  

I have been searching every Sally's Beauty store in Staten Island for this line. It's always the same case with me, either I forget the names of the colors, or they don't have it! LOL It's time for these colors to go on my lemming list.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP