281- Mattese Elite Apple Martini and Tequila Sunrise

 Sunday, June 26, 2011

I cannot believe its already Sunday, boy does the weekend go fast! I read all your comments and it was clear to me that Apple Martini was the polish the most people wanted to see first and really who am I to not give my lovely readers what they want!


Apple Martini is a neon green lacquer that does not smell like Apple Martinis. Instead it smells sweet and I smelled a hint of coconut. My guess is that its named Apple Martini for the color not the smell. It was sort of fun trying to figure out the smell behind this shade.


Application was much better than I thought it would be. The polish applied beautifully and I used two with no topcoat. Mattese Elite's formula is always made with the best quality so although I was surprised the neon was so easy it was not surprising considering the brand.
I really like this bold shade. Its very vibrant to say the least. I would describe it as a highlighter neon green. I love apples so I kind of wish it did smell a little more like apples.


Tequila Sunrise is a orange yellow neon with a blueish shimmer. I would consider it a shimmer neon and it almost could be called a duochrome because of the blue flash. Its very cool.


Application was still amazing for neons. I used two thicker coats with no topcoat. This polish was a bit runnier than Apple Martini but it really was not bad.


As far as the scent this smelled like oranges more than Tequila Sunrises. Im starting to feel like maybe the name doesnt have to match up with the scent. After all once you put the polish on people notice the scent and have no idea of the name. 


Both scents on Tequila Sunrise and Apple Martini are strong enough that you can smell them but not strong enough to bother you. My nose is VERY sensitive and I had no problem with these scents. I liked both colors a lot and cant wait to try them all!

9 comments:

Silva June 26, 2011 at 9:49 AM  

I like the green one!

Bobbi June 26, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

I love the apple martini!

TheNailAddict June 26, 2011 at 10:59 AM  

Great neons, like the green one better.

thenailaholic June 26, 2011 at 11:42 AM  

So bright! The green one is awesome!

Belle June 26, 2011 at 12:31 PM  

agreed! i love the green neon too!

Toyomi June 26, 2011 at 3:54 PM  

The lime green is to die for !

Fey (TheNailExperiment) June 26, 2011 at 8:41 PM  

Apple Martini is so bright! Love it!

Trixie of Nailfiled June 26, 2011 at 8:59 PM  

I love Apple Martini. I just don't know if i can wear it as a full mani. hahaha!

Anna June 26, 2011 at 9:42 PM  

Both of these are great for a different look! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP