282- Mattese Elite Cosmopolitan and Shirley Temple

 Monday, June 27, 2011

Today I will be continuing with swatches from Mattese Elite's Happy Hour collection. This collection features neon lacquers that smell good and like their cocktail names. I decided that for this post I will be reviewing the two pink nail polish.


Cosmopolitan is a neon pink that is more deep and I think its like a neon magenta if that makes any sense. Its very pretty and would look good on most skin tones. The only problem with this shade is that its hard to photograph!
Application was wonderful. This lacquer went on smooth and I only needed two coats. Usually neons are difficult but I have had no problem with the Happy Hour collection. I did not need a topcoat.


The scent is exactly like a cosmopolitan. Well done Mattese! I enjoyed this polish mainly because the color is awesome. The scent was not overpowering and didnt annoy my nose at all I would buy this just for the color of the polish. 
Shirley Temples are the drink I have gotten most out of this collection. So I was curious to see if the name lived up to the polish and well the scent. The scent is like a shirley temple its just not strong and a bit faint.


The color of this polish is a medium pink that I cannot exactly call neon. It more of the classic pink bubblegum I think of when I think of girly colors. Shirley Temple was that sweetheart little girl so I think it makes sense. I was expecting Shirley to be a red lacquer but Im satisfied with the pink!


Application was good. I used two coats and no topcoat. All the lacquers in this collection dries pretty fast and I think they look amazing when finished. 

I was happy with both of these shades. Personally I like the scent better on Shirley Temple but I would wear Cosmopolitan more because I just love the color.

7 comments:

Melissa K June 27, 2011 at 10:39 AM  

I'm loving the Shirley Temple. And I agree, it does remind me of a classic bubblegum pink.
check out my giveaway:
www.shineandpolishment.blogspot.com

Silva June 27, 2011 at 11:00 AM  

They're both nice colors!

thenailaholic June 27, 2011 at 12:12 PM  

Both of these are awesome!

Belle June 27, 2011 at 1:56 PM  

shirley temple looks great :D

Jossie June 27, 2011 at 9:18 PM  

Like and love! I love pink but looking at my stash, were have my pinks gone? Need to be more pinky :-)

Anna June 27, 2011 at 9:35 PM  

Love these! So pretty! :)

Toyomi June 28, 2011 at 11:28 PM  

They are both so freaking bright ! I love it !

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP