283- Mattese Elite Purple Passion and Hypnotic

 Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Hypnotic and Purple Passion are two of the six vibrant scented shades Mattese Elite put out as part of their new Happy Hour Collection. I saved these two for last because I just love bright purples and blues and I thought my followers would too!


Purple Passion is a bold and beautiful purple that just makes me smile when I put it on. 
Ive never heard or had a purple passion drink so Im not sure what it would have smelled like. This Purple Passion lacquer smells a lot like grape. 


Application was great. I used two thin coats and I got the desired color easily without a use of a topcoat. This polish was more of a cream then a neon and finished shinier then its sisters. 


Mattese Elite's Hypnotic is the blue of this bright collection. Its a shimmer and has a bright blue flash inside of the color. 


Hypnotic smells sugary. Its sweet and I couldnt place the smell but its supposed to be a dead on ringer for the Hypnotic drink.


Application was also really great and I only needed two coats. I really like this shade of blue and think it looks awesome.


Final Thoughts: As far as the whole Happy Hour collection I am very impressed. I was not disappointed by any of these bold shades and found all of them to have great application. Mattese Elite has a formula much better than most other brands and for their $5.99 price tag its a steal compared to designer brands. I love Apple Martini, Cosmopolitan and Hypnotic and would say those were my top three out of the six in this collection. I did not dislike any of the shades so it was hard!

Mattese Elite is the home nail polish brand of Ricky's cosmetics. Rickys is "An edgy, ultra-hip "beauty shop" specializing in unique fashion accessories, cosmetics, and beauty supplies, Ricky's NYC has been a part of New York's urban chic culture for nearly two decades. From style-conscious teenagers and their suburbanite moms to Hollywood celebrities and their professional stylists, Ricky's NYC plays host to a diverse, cult-like following of clientele. "

12 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom June 28, 2011 at 9:03 AM  

I love the purple. That's something I would buy. :)

Paulina June 28, 2011 at 9:27 AM  

lovely colours :)
i like them both.

come and vote in the contest on my blog, there's a chance to win a lip gloss

Silva June 28, 2011 at 10:25 AM  

Both colors are gorgeous :)

Belle June 28, 2011 at 11:27 AM  

i like the purple but wouln't mind trying the blue

nails by kate vergara June 28, 2011 at 12:08 PM  

thats too cute!

new follower here :)

www.nailsbykatevergara.com

nail crazy June 28, 2011 at 2:17 PM  

great colors, both of them :-D

thenailaholic June 28, 2011 at 4:49 PM  

If it's supposed to smell like Hypnotic vodka it should be very fruity. Its color matches perfectly!

Janella June 28, 2011 at 7:15 PM  

i really like these colours! so pretty!

J A C Q U E L I N E June 29, 2011 at 12:27 AM  

The Purple would go great with the New MAC lipstick my purple life.

Anna July 3, 2011 at 4:05 PM  

Love these, beautiful colors! :)

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP