295- OPI DS Amethyst

 Sunday, July 17, 2011

A couple days ago I took out one of my OPI DS holo polishes and posted swatches. I had so much fun wearing DS Exclusive that I decided to pull out another holo to review today. This time I chose DS Amethyst. 


DS Amethyst is a super pretty lilac holo that has a fine glitter and really sparkles in the light. It almost looks like a neutral on the nail, its a very pale purple holo and the unique color works for a manicure that is cool but not showy. 
Application was worse than DS Exclusive. DS Amethyst is a bit runnier than I would have preferred. Holos tend to be a bit thinner than other finishes. 


I like DS Amethyst alot but it might not be my favorite of the OPI DS series. What do you think of the nails?

13 comments:

Grumpy Grateful Mom July 17, 2011 at 10:09 AM  

I love sparkles on my polish and Amethyst is my birthstone...or was my birthstone. I think it got changed.

thenailaholic July 17, 2011 at 10:10 AM  

I love it. I love all the DS polishes... Yet have none.

Silva July 17, 2011 at 10:33 AM  

It's so gorgeous! I love all the DS polishes.

Toyomi July 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

Oh my gosh . This is one of the prettiest holos I've seen from the DS collection . I really need to have this color .

Toyomi July 17, 2011 at 2:59 PM  

Oh my gosh . This is one of the prettiest holos I've seen from the DS collection . I really need to have this color .

B July 17, 2011 at 9:09 PM  

awww the entire ds set is just to die for *drools*

Mimi July 19, 2011 at 1:22 AM  

i like it! my sister might like it more though, i am definitely showing her this. :)

<3, Mimi
http://whatmimiwrites.blogspot.com/

-Diana- July 19, 2011 at 12:03 PM  

Really pretty color <3

Stephny July 23, 2011 at 12:38 PM  

To me, this looks like OPI have done a dupe of their own colour :/
Or repackaged an older colour when they came out with the holos.
This looks exactly like Sand-erella. It might just be the pics making them look the same but I'm not sure....
Love your blog btw!!! :D

TriGirl September 17, 2011 at 10:27 PM  

I just got one of the OPI for Sephora colours that's all sparkly and my toes look like disco balls! I love it!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP