4th of July

 Wednesday, July 4, 2012


Happy 4th of July my lovely muses! 


Over the past few days I have been trying to decide what to post for this holiday and finally I decided on a bathing suit guide. With all of the 4th of July barbeques there is bound to be some pool/beach swimming. 

Bathing suits can be really tricky to buy. If your larger busted like me than you might not be able to wear string bikini tops or strapless and might have to stick to the halter style or underwire for more support. If you are smaller chested you should draw attention to your top half with details like a fringe, ruffle, or bow that will help fill you out. If you are figure conscious a tankini or a one piece doesnt mean you have to give up style. There are some great monokinis and fun tankinis this summer. 


strapless bathing suits
J.Crew bikini swimwear / GUESS bikini swimwear / Norma Kamali bikini swimwear / Tara Matthews bikini swimwear / Warehouse bikini swimwear, $11 / Emamó bikini swimwear / Bandeau bikini / J.Crew strapless bikini / Tara Matthews bikini swimwear / J.Crew j crew swimsuit / Bikini, $170 / BRONZETTE bikini swimwear / Beach Photo Set, ocean, shell, seagull, beach house, shore, coastal...


string top
Reiss bikini swimwear / Old Navy paisley bikini / Old Navy string thong bikini / Hollister Co. floral swimwear / Ocean Pacific gstring bikini / J.Crew polka dot bikini / Vitamin A halter bikini / Full Tilt triangle swimwear / ELIZABETH HURLEY BEACH triangle swimwear, $47 / G string thong bikini / Diane von Furstenberg gstring bikini / Beach Photography - summer fine art photography beach photograph...


halter


When it comes to choosing bathing suits the key is comfort and picking a suit that fits your body. A saggy butt or super tight tops are not the most flattering so try not to be caught up in sizing and spend time looking for the perfect fit!

tankini




one piece


 Another big tip to bathing suit shopping is to check out stores like TJMaxx or Marshalls that have racks of discounted bathing suits of good quality. I have seen some pretty expensive Trina Turk or Ralph Lauren suits get clearanced so there really is no need to spend retail on a designer bathing suit. Another way to save money is to have some solid tops and bottoms in your arsenal so you can mix and match to double the life of a bathing suit!
 
What bathing suit is your favorite? Have a wonderful Forth of July!

33 comments:

Carla Florendo July 4, 2012 at 10:08 AM  

these are all so cute!! i wish i could wear a bikini but im not yet ready!! gahh,, i need to shed some flabs haha.... love this!

xo, Carla
misscarlaviolet.blogspot.com

Anthea Sanna July 4, 2012 at 10:31 AM  

Thank you for your lovely comment! I follow you too!
Anthea

nororre July 4, 2012 at 11:33 AM  

très jolie la collection de maillot de bain il y en a quelqu'un qui me plasent bien!

bizz

http://passionnanteetpassionnee.blogspot.fr/

Kelsi July 4, 2012 at 11:42 AM  

Great bathing suite options!! Happy 4th!

Pamela Hernandez July 4, 2012 at 11:59 AM  

Hi! I really love the bathing suits, specially tankini and one piece, are so vintage!! I'm glad you like my blog, thanks for stopping and commenting. I also follow you dear. Thanks!!.. xoxo.
http://ditaslittlewardrobe.blogspot.com/

Jessica July 4, 2012 at 12:03 PM  

thanks so much for visiting and following, your comment was so sweet!! yes dressing for your body type is so important!! it can really add a lot or take away a lot, great post, following back :D

-Jessica
http://runninginsideus.blogspot.com/

The Big Apple Girl July 4, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

Hi! Thank you for the follow and for the lovely comment. :) I am now following you. xx Maridy

Maria Flicka July 4, 2012 at 3:31 PM  
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maria Flicka July 4, 2012 at 3:32 PM  

They are all beautiful, but my favorites are the "Halter Bikinis". You did an amazing selection :)
Thank you so much for your sweet comment and for follow!!!! I’m following you back now :)
Unfortunately you haven't “bloglovin”, but if you decide to add it on your blog, please let me know, and we can follow each other there as well, it's an easier way to keep in touch <3
Have a wonderful day :)

x♥x♥

"Saúde & Beleza - Health & Beauty"



Katie July 4, 2012 at 3:42 PM  

whoa great post - so many options!

i think i like the strapless ones the best :) so cute!

latrDAYS
- katie

Jessica Cai July 4, 2012 at 4:26 PM  

thanks for visiting my blog! i think this is such a great, helpful guide to bathing suits :D i'm following you back now and can't wait for more posts! xoxo jess
www.stylizedluxe.blog
p.s. happy july 4th :)

blackberryfashion July 4, 2012 at 5:11 PM  

Everything is great! I'm following you now :)

http://anna-and-klaudia.blogspot.com/

Laura July 4, 2012 at 5:46 PM  

Great picks, I'm loving one pieces this summer :)

Laura xo

Head to Toe Chic July 4, 2012 at 7:25 PM  

I normally wear tankinis but I want to find a fun one piece! Loving your picks and following you now :)

xo,
Angela
headtotoechic.blogspot.com

Jen July 4, 2012 at 7:34 PM  

Very cute swimwear choices! I love the top with the sailboats on it. Thanks for your comment and follow on my blog!

Sofia July 4, 2012 at 7:38 PM  

Great post!
Thanks for following my blog.
I'm following you back.
Kisses

http://insofiashoes.blogspot.pt

Chezka July 4, 2012 at 10:51 PM  

Oh I wish I was bikini-ready, but I'm not! I do have some nice one-pieces, but I wish for the belted one in your photos!
- Che

style-che.blogspot.com

sara josephine - sartob July 4, 2012 at 11:30 PM  

looove your picks, they're all so cute <3

xx
sartob

ade kurnianingrum handika putri July 5, 2012 at 1:08 AM  

its cute!! thanks for following me :) followed you back <3

Jessille July 5, 2012 at 3:47 AM  

happy 4th july...great bikinis for summer:D
btw maybe u mind to fllw each other?
jessillesilv.blogspot.com

With A Blast July 5, 2012 at 3:51 AM  

Hey there (from South Africa!) Thank you for visiting my blog and following. I'm following you back via GFC. Your blog really looks interesting - can't wait to build a bloggy friendship!
Linda
http://www.withablast.blogspot.com

Samantha Green July 5, 2012 at 5:20 AM  

love the one with the little sailing boats -- too cute!! xx

Sazi Efionayi July 5, 2012 at 6:50 AM  

hey i just found your blog and i like it,feel free to check out my blog and if you like it,then lets follow each other through GFC or Bloglovin,i will totally follow you back if you do....keep in touch

http://www.sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

Petra July 5, 2012 at 8:35 AM  

Thank you very much for your nice and lovely comment on my blog. I appreciate that a lot. I look around your amazing blog and love it. I'm your new Follower.
Keep in touch
xo, Petra

http://www.sweetsoflife86.blogspot.com

Amy {be.designs} July 5, 2012 at 11:10 AM  

Love the strapless top with the bow, so cute!

-Amy
bedesignsllc.blogspot.com

Elma July 5, 2012 at 5:16 PM  

Great selection! I am still on the hunt for the perfect bikini :) x

K.I.S.S. July 6, 2012 at 11:23 AM  

They are all sooo cute! <3
xoxo

melissa July 6, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

Cant wait for bikini time

Vicky July 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM  

Thanks for your comment in my blog! I love bikinis in all the shapes! Kisses :)

Ivy July 6, 2012 at 3:01 PM  

I am OBSESSED with that Guess Pink Fringe Bandeau top. I didn't realize that was from Guess. I may have to go to my nearby Guess store and purchse a top for myself. It's so cute!!!

Thanks for the comment on my blog and I appreciate you following me. I am now your newest follower :)


-Ivy
www.pocketfulofapples.blogspot.com

Allison July 6, 2012 at 7:40 PM  

So many cute swimsuits!! And thanks so much for following! I am following back with pleasure!
:)
Allison

P.S. I'm having an INTERNATIONAL $75 Shopbop giveaway on my blog, so don't forget to enter! :)
A's Fashion Files
$75 Shopbop Giveaway!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP