An Interview With Classic and Bubbly!

 Thursday, July 5, 2012

I had the pleasure of interviewing Stesha from the photography blog Classic and Bubbly!

I just love her welcome button:

When did you start getting into Photography and decide to develop a business? How did you choose your blog name Classic and Bubbly?  
         I have always enjoyed taking photos ever since I was younger, but I seriously got into Photography just over a year ago. In October of 2011 I decided I wanted to not only have my photography on my blog, but really turn it into a career so I opened Stesha Jordan Photography at the end of October, 2011.  When thinking about my name for my blog I wanted it to refer to both my photography style but also my personality. Many of my photography is edited in a vintage type of filter like my grandmothers photos or as I used to say when I was younger, "classic" photos.  Bubbly is the word most of my friends and family would describe my personality as, when I put them together we receive 'Classic & Bubbly'. 

I love your name and the reasoning behind it! What inspires you when your taking pictures? Do most of your shots happen naturally or are they posed?  
         I get inspired by the most random things for my photography. Let's be honest Pinterest does wonders for all of us, so I strongly suggest each one of my clients has a pin board of what type of engagement/wedding/lifestyle setting they are looking. I can let my imagination run wild yet still keeping in mind what my client would like. I never try to do the same pose twice with clients or even myself, therefore most of my shots are natural. I am a total gusher for that perfect candid photo!
Have you had a favorite photoshoot? If so which one?
         Oh, my favorite photoshoot, that's a hard one.  I would have to say the session I did in May of this year. I had just come back from Coachella Music Festival and was inspired by the Free People style that surrounded me. I chose a model who had the natural bohemian look, we went into the desert and I could not have been happier with the results! You can see the session here!


Do you have a preference to shoot engagements, weddings, or personal sessions? 
         I LOVE doing engagement sessions! When you have a young couple in love, they are usually excited to be there and have some inspirational ideas as to what they want.  My favorite part is at the end of the session, the man is usually just as into the shoot as the woman and they are asking me if angles look good or if they could try something new, its awesome!


As a photographer you probably know which outfits look good on camera. What would you suggest wearing if you know pictures will be taken?  
          An outfit will totally make a difference on how the end shot will turn out.  My advice is add layers to your outfits and brings accessories!  Adding a jacket or scarf or necklace can change the whole look of just one outfit. Having accessories also allows for your to put your hands somewhere if you are not comfortable in front of the lens. For example pulling on a scarf or having your hands in your pockets of the jacket can give you a little attitude and style.

Please head on over to Classic and Bubbly's wonderful blog and see her beautiful photography.
If you want to get featured on Top of Tuesday or interviewed like Stesha please email me at thepreppystudent(at)gmail.com

18 comments:

Alissa F July 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM  

Such a great feature and thanks for introducing us to her work!

Yuki Lusiana Eka July 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM  

thankyou dear, great blog, followed :))

bellionducky.

Anthea Lau July 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

gorgeous crochet shorts!
sorry for the late reply honey since I've been too busy these days. Thanks for commenting on my blog, would you like to follow each other?
A
xx
http://epiquemoi.blogspot.com

Anthea Lau July 5, 2012 at 9:45 AM  

oh thanks for the lovely message hon I'm following you now <3

Neely July 5, 2012 at 10:55 AM  

Love this! You should check out my blog I have tons of fun monogrammed giveaways going on this week!!

Andrea {blonde ambitions} July 5, 2012 at 11:13 AM  

A great interview!I love Stesha's blog and she is a wonderful photographer as well!

ashlyn williams July 5, 2012 at 12:06 PM  

awww! love this post! stesh is so talented.

Karena July 5, 2012 at 12:32 PM  

A wonderful interview and profile of such a talented Stesha!

I will have several profiles and giveaways coming up very soon!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena

Rehana Silver July 5, 2012 at 12:51 PM  

I have to say that you have such an interesting blog!and thanks for following my blog,of course you can count me as ur new follower ;p
Thankss..keep blogging!

http://silverscented.blogspot.com/

jas July 5, 2012 at 1:03 PM  

great interview!

http://forallthatjas.blogspot.com/

Ana Magdalena July 5, 2012 at 8:41 PM  

I love her button as well, and her photos too!

Thanks for introducing us to her work :)

Stesha July 6, 2012 at 2:29 AM  

Thank you for featuring me today! xx

Jessica @ Lovely Little Things July 6, 2012 at 9:17 AM  

Thanks for your comment on my blog :)
I'm following you back and I'm excited to read your blog!

I love reading Classic & Bubbly so I enjoyed reading this

Happy Friday, girl!
xo

ZxM Fashion Addicts July 6, 2012 at 3:37 PM  

super cute!!!!
thank you for visiting our blog and we would love to follow back!!!!xoxo



http://style-squared.blogspot.ca/

Meg {henninglove} July 7, 2012 at 12:15 AM  

i love stesh and her blog and in real life she is definitely bubbly and i love her clothing style

ellie July 8, 2012 at 10:52 AM  

Awesome interview. Love the pics too.

Ocean Dreams July 8, 2012 at 10:30 PM  

Sounds like a great blogger with much talent! Will definitely check out her blog.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP