Confession: I am obsessed with Stephanie Johnson Fall 2012

 Thursday, August 23, 2012

Happy Thursday! In just two short weeks I will be back at college, probably stuck in classes. I can't wait, but I want these next few days to go by slowly- I have so much still to do!

I cover a lot of different subjects, products, and brands here at The Preppy Student, but I realized I left out one very important topic: makeup. I am not the girl who is afraid to go out without makeup but I do get enjoyment from putting it on. My makeup philosophy is to stay true to my natural appearance but to cover some imperfections and, at the same time, highlight my strong features. I love to wear mascara, and lately I have been getting into light brown eyeshadows. As a preppy girl, it is important to keep your look simple and clean and, above all, look like yourself (well, the best version of yourself).

Where do I keep my stash of makeup? In my Stephanie Johnson cosmetic cases, of course. Why shouldn't my makeup be stored in something pretty?

My very first makeup bag was something I picked up only because it was inexpensive. It was bland, generic, and the zipper was super low quality, so it was hard to close when I stuffed it full with products. I was so dissatisfied that I went to buy a new cosmetic bag. I was browsing different product when I found the set. It was from a brand I knew little of then called Stephanie Johnson. I was hooked.


I loved the design instantly. The pink, blue, and beige design was exactly my style. Girly and fun while still incredibly modern. The set I ended up with was made up of the Katie Folding Cosmetic bag, Laura Large Trapezoid, and Mini Pouch. 


My personal favorite is the Katie Folding Cosmetic bag. I love how it opens up to reveal two pockets with a clear look into all of your stored products. Being able to see what you put in your makeup bag is a huge convenience. I take my Katie bag with me when I am on the go or when I stay somewhere overnight. If I am in a rush and need a specific product, it's easy for me to find the one I am looking for.


I keep all my lip glosses and mascaras in my Iris Box and often put the Mini Pouch inside the Laura Trapezoid. The Laura Large Trapezoid is exactly what the name entails and I like the size of the bag. I put all my "extras" in here but needed a new Laura for my new palettes.


Will I stop raving about my Stephanie Johnsons? No! I love the quality of the cosmetic bags and how each one can stand on its own without support. I also love the little details Stephanie puts into all of her bags. The bamboo zipper pulls are just so special. All of the unique little touches do no go unnoticed and are part of my obsession with Stephanie Johnson. 


It was so hard for me to decide what Laura Trapezoid I wanted to add to my collection. I went to Stephanie Johnson's uber-organized website and found Riviera Maya. I had a little moment and knew instantly it was the one. I love the Riviera Maya description:

"As inviting as a sunset over the Mexican Riviera, a rainbow of colors dance across white cotton knit, while natural wood zip pulls and mandarin liner add an extra dose of Caribbean warmth. Playful pink faux leather trim puts the finishing touch on a collection encapsulating eternal summer."


As soon as I received the bag I was in awe. The texture itself is so high quality and I couldn't wait to put it to use. The size of the bag is generous and I know all my palettes will fit with room to spare. 

Can I tell you the best part? Stephanie Johnson herself was gracious enough to invite me for a glimpse of the new Fall 2012 collection in NYC last night. Of course I accepted immediately. I arrived in one of my new Lillys from the Endless Summer Sale- yes my order shipped fast! 


I was lucky enough to snatch up a Lilly Pulitzer Adalie wrap dress in Pink Tomato Standing Ovation for an astounding $39. The party was fabulous and I was so appreciative to be welcomed with such warm arms.


I noticed instantly that Stephanie is super organized. When I listened to her speak, it was easy to see her love for her business and products. Feeling inspired, I felt honored to be in her presence and could not wait to get a sneak peak into the Fall 2012 line.


What should you expect from the Fall 2012 collection? Well, if it's Stephanie Johnson you know its going to be beautiful, but I really think that she outdid herself this time. The mini collections exhibit such a range of patterns that I am confident Stephanie Johnson has a bag you're going to love.

Jakarta
 I took home with me a Jumbo Zip cosmetic bag in Jakarta. It was so hard for me to choose my favorite print in the collection. I love the colors in the Jakarta collection. The red/pink, yellow, navy and beige really spoke to me. 

 

The bag is very sturdy and big enough for me to store my other cosmetic bags inside. I like to have all my makeup in one area so I am sure when I travel I will be bringing my new Jakarta Jumbo zip


The textures this fall are going to knock you off your feet. The Turin weave feels modern and well made and the Serengeti feels almost suede-like - it's very cool! I just wanted to feature some of my favorite cases:
Turin
Serengeti
Sumatra

I was not quick enough to snatch a picture of the sequined mini collection that will be released! You're just going to have to wait to see those yourself- I promise they are stunning!

What Stephanie Johnson print or bag is your favorite?

24 comments:

Amanda Coppola August 23, 2012 at 10:58 AM  

The Katie bag definitely looks like it'd come in handy! Might have to invest!

-Amanda
http://bowspearlsandfrappuccinos.blogspot.com/

VιcκyBeL August 23, 2012 at 11:01 AM  

love the last one:)
your blog is so lovely and cuuute:)

fashionrailways.com

Cotton August 23, 2012 at 11:49 AM  

OMG obsesssssseeedd with the sumatra! What a great find! thanks!

Lisa August 23, 2012 at 11:50 AM  

I love Stephanie Johnson so much. I am a bag freak. I pack more bags in bags when I travel that I never seem to have enough. Cannot wait to see the sequined minis!! Great pics!

Alissa August 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM  

Um yeah I am so obsessed with her designs as well!

s August 23, 2012 at 3:19 PM  

i love the leopard print one! xO!
www.thehautecookie.com

Sweet, Pink and Preppy August 23, 2012 at 3:52 PM  

I love these! The Jakarta one you chose is so pretty!

The Management August 23, 2012 at 5:27 PM  

these are really pretty and useful! I like the green venice one!

Anonymous,  August 23, 2012 at 6:52 PM  

these look great!

Marija - This is a fashion blog! August 23, 2012 at 7:01 PM  

Tnx so much for your lovely comment! :)))
Great blog, dear! Following you back of course :D
Kisses :*

Kelli Ferre August 23, 2012 at 7:02 PM  

I love these bags! It's hard for me to pick just one that is my favorite. Thank you for visiting today and I hope we can become better friends! :) Your newest follower!
Tales of the Younger Twin

Sheena Rae August 23, 2012 at 7:31 PM  

I love the palm desert orange!

Jenny August 23, 2012 at 7:46 PM  

The fall collection looks awesome. Is that a holiday brocade I spy? I'll have to add it to my Wishlist

Fabulous Petite August 23, 2012 at 9:49 PM  

thank you for sharing. They look awesome. I appreciate you visiting my blog. Would you like yo follow each other?

xo
Sam
http://fabulouspetite.blogspot.com

Ashley August 23, 2012 at 10:32 PM  

I've never heard of these, but they are gorgeous! Thanks for introducing me! xx

http://www.twentiesgirlstyle.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek August 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM  

Her bags are gorgeous!!! LOVING the wood work on the end of the zippers!!!

Ashley Kelly August 24, 2012 at 12:12 AM  

Those bags are simply adorable! WANT! Thanks for stopping by my blog, by the way. Following back!
Ashley
Of Thoughts and Things

Alexis August 24, 2012 at 1:24 AM  

LOVE your blog and can always use help with my fashion :O Thanks for the follow and I look forward to following along with our sweet blog :)
-Alexis

Lauren August 24, 2012 at 5:05 AM  

Hi! Thank you for following me on fashionswirls, it was very kind of you! I love your blog so I'm following you too. Can't wait to read the future posts!

Lauren,
Fashionswirls.blogspot.com
xx

Pam August 24, 2012 at 7:54 AM  

I love Stephanie Johnson. Im thinking about buying a new Iris small box and with the new fall prints I might have to go get it in Serengeti!

Niki August 24, 2012 at 9:56 AM  

Stepahnie Johnson is amazing!!! I love all of her stuff. I do not have the folding bag yet, but I love it and after seeing your pics I really want one! I love the trapezoid pattern too! So fun!

Andrea McCave August 24, 2012 at 11:51 PM  

Serengeti...hands down rocks my socks!

Karena August 25, 2012 at 8:03 AM  

Thank you so much for visiting me!! I adore your site! These bags are so wonderful I am astonished I have not noticed them before! Off to her website.

PS I will have several Giveaways coming up...several fashion!

xoxo
Karena
Art by Karena
2012 Artists Series

Jennifer August 25, 2012 at 12:26 PM  

Thanks for your sweet comment on my blog. I am, of course, your newest follower as well now! I love all of those bags. I will definitely have to check out her products.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP