Review:: C. Johannesen Bracelet

 Friday, August 31, 2012

Happy Friday my lovelies!

Today I am going to the US Open, which I am very excited about. I play tennis and it is my favorite game to watch but last year I could not attend the Open because I was already in school. This is one reason why I am glad my university starts later than others- I get to enjoy the tennis fun!


us open

I am linking up to Long Distance Loving and wanted to show off what I was wearing this labor day weekend to the Open. I decided on a Lilly Pulitzer Lottie dress, J. Crew cardigan, jacks, and of course my new C. Johannesen bracelet.

C. Johannesen Studio makes custom leather and metal jewelry. Everything that comes out of the studio is one of a kind, well made, and of course fashionable. 

I love stores that feature ready to order products. There is definitely something special about knowing your product is unique and made for you. With C.Johannsen Studio this personalization goes more than just monogramming. You can put your favorite quote on something. 


When I was a child I would be read Dr. Seuss books and one quote really stuck to my sister and me:

"We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”"


When I realized that C. Johannesen had this quote available on a wrap bracelet I knew that item was for me. The only problem was that I did not think the red leather was for me. This kind of problem would be difficult for other stores on etsy but not for C.Johannesen all you have to do is specify what color leather you want and they will make it for you!


I requested a light brown and when I got the bracelet it was perfect! The wrap bracelet style is my favorite and you can wrap it around your wrists 3-4 times!


The quotes that C.Johannesen features in the studio are of a big range from Hunger Games to Toy Story.
Can I just say how much I love these for a couple! I am all about stacking my bracelets and a row of leather compliments my dainty other bracelets. I always like to put a little edge to offset so much of my girly style. Leather isn't just for men, its a really nice addition to a bracelet stack!


Surprise! I have another bracelet to show you from C.Johannesen. It was so hard to choose which quote I liked most so I am so happy to show you both of my C.Johannesen bracelets!

This other work of art features a beautiful quote from Winnie the Pooh.

The quote reads:
"To my lovelies, “If ever there is tomorrow when we're not together.. there is something you must always remember. You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think. But the most important thing is, even if we're apart.. I'll always be with you.”"

(Do you see why I started this post the way I did?)

I love both of the bracelets so much and would definitely want to buy some of the studios other pieces. Here are some other of my favorite works from C.Johannesen Studio


You say B*tch like its a bad thing! (I love this)

I would definitely recommend the wrap bracelet. It is trendy and personal and if you have a special line that is meaning to you this is the perfect way to show it off. I also think these make a great gift for spouses to show love in a personal way. I feel that the quality of leather is amazing and the workmanship is outstanding. No complaints here!

Which C.Johannesen piece is your favorite? Would you write your own favorite quote on his leather or choose one of the quotes he has chosen?

21 comments:

ELISA August 31, 2012 at 10:12 AM  

Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

s August 31, 2012 at 10:19 AM  

lovely bracelets!!! i love them! xO!
www.thehautecookie.com

Carly August 31, 2012 at 10:56 AM  

I LOVE these! Now I need to go stalk them online :-)

Carly
www.lipglossandcrayons.com

Rachael {all things beautiful} August 31, 2012 at 11:40 AM  

These bracelets are awesome! I am loving the leather bracelet trend. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!!

xoxo

Whitney Cosgrave August 31, 2012 at 12:43 PM  

so cute, have fun! i'm jealous that you are going - make sure to post photos!

Aubrey {All Things Bright and Beautiful} August 31, 2012 at 12:51 PM  

I have to say I'm already a huge fan of the Dr. Seuss quote...it's just so darling (and *SO* true!)! Sounds like you're up for a great weekend! Have a blast at the open!

Cathy August 31, 2012 at 1:37 PM  

Soooo jealous! It was a Labor Day tradition to attend the US Open during my many years living in Jersey. We would also attend women's semifinals Fridays. I am a major tennis fan too and I sooo miss those days of watching the grand slam matches in person. Enjoy, babe!

http://cstyledesign.blogspot.com

cranberryportage August 31, 2012 at 4:22 PM  

I love tennis, play tennis and I am so jealous that you will be right there at the US Open today. I have been catching up with all the recorded matches. If you read my blog, you can see all my favorites. Will you be buying US Open souvenirs?

JKT August 31, 2012 at 7:05 PM  

LOVE the Dr.Suess quote braclet :)

Julie (Little Pink Rain Boots) August 31, 2012 at 7:48 PM  

Perfect outfit to watch the Open in. Those bracelets are gorgeous, there are so many great quotes to choose from.

alongobucco August 31, 2012 at 10:14 PM  

Those bracelets are SO perfect for a couple--what a cute idea! Love the leather too.

-Alyssa
The Glossy Life

Julie Tucker-Wolek September 1, 2012 at 12:26 AM  

Ohhhhhhhhhhh I am IN LOVE ... I need to check them out!!!!!!

A Preppy State of Mind September 1, 2012 at 12:11 PM  

Love your outfit you chose! You'll look wonderful :) Have fun!!

-Rachel @ A Preppy State of Mind

Mrs. Jones September 5, 2012 at 10:37 AM  

Oh, I am going to have to check this out - would make a perfect gift for my little sister!

Salim Reza September 10, 2012 at 5:23 PM  

The original nonwoven technology. Since the initial discovery in 1955 that led to Tyvek, DuPont has been a recognized global leader in selective barrier ...
wristbands

Fashion_Belt2012 October 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM  

Now you'll actually have to "wear in" your bracelet. This as the leather will be a bit unruly at first so be careful when you put it on the first few times and make sure the braid is in the center and press on it a little to make sure it stays perfectly centered.

Belts Belt Buckles Wrist Bands

Bracelets For Women October 8, 2012 at 11:43 PM  

These bracelets are awesome! I am loving the leather bracelet trend. Thanks for sharing! Have a wonderful Labor Day Weekend!!

Addison Haray October 23, 2012 at 2:25 AM  

The blog and data is excellent and informative as well.
Bailey Ashley

Adina Smith August 7, 2013 at 1:22 AM  

OMG what a pretty bracelets. This is my first time to this site but my friend has told me about your work and you are very very good!
Women's bracelets

khizi March 4, 2017 at 3:57 AM  

The blog and data is excellent and informative as well.Icc champion trophy start in england get all the news live updates ball by ball commentary icc champion trophy 2017 All match live updates on a single click.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP