Review:: Salmon Cove

 Sunday, August 26, 2012

Good Morning all my beautiful Preppy Student followers. I am in the midst of packing for the big move. I am trying to remedy the fact that for the 2nd year in a row I am trying to bring down way too much clothing to my dorm room. I mean its hard for me to part with some of my items because if I leave it at home I know that I will want to wear it- it's always the same dilemma.

My strategy this year is to only pack for one and 1/2 months. By packing for that period I will pack all my lillys, end of summer clothes, and light fall apparel. One of staples I know will accompany me is my Salmon Cove green cable neck sweater.

Salmon Cove is a great brand that specializes in preppy clothing that will remain classic and in fashion. I love their motto: "The idea for Salmon Cove spawned to create a fun, distinctive, confidence-inspiring clothing brand that would stand the test of time". I think the preppy lifestyle is in itself classic because preps value styles that have been around for many decades and stay true to femininity.


With all my lillys in bright colors its hard for me to transition some of the summer patterns into fall. Thats where sweaters come in handy. This green Salmon Cove sweater is the perfect shade of green to match the Lillys and at the same time transitioning the item into fall.


The sweater is made of 100% cotton and features the Salmon Cove logo- a cute little salmon! It has a cuff hem that makes it super flattering.


I love the material and weight of this sweater. It is utterly perfect for fall. If you dont like sweaters you can always wear some of Salmon Cove's other items:


Here is an outfit I have planned with the sweater:
sweater

What Salmon Cove item is your favorite?

18 comments:

Alissa August 26, 2012 at 10:27 AM  

Good luck trying to narrow down your wardrobe, I always try but I end up with entirely too many items!

Jess August 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

I didn't go away to school - I can't imagine having that dilemma! Packing for a weekend away is tough enough for me...packing for a year sounds like a nightmare!!

Jess
sparklesandcrafts.com

Lotus Blossom Design August 26, 2012 at 11:19 AM  

Thank you for the follow and your sweet comment! We follow you now. I can't wait to hear more. Good luck packing! Thats a tough one.

Kelly August 26, 2012 at 11:22 AM  

that's such a cute outfit! I love their v-neck sweaters!

Psycho Cat August 26, 2012 at 11:49 AM  

Looks really nice and casual, love the color :)

Emilia Nita August 26, 2012 at 12:24 PM  

Great post!Thank you so much for following me,i'm doing the same now!xoxo
http://fashioncolorsmylife.blogspot.ro/

VιcκyBeL August 26, 2012 at 5:23 PM  

love this sweater:)
your posts are always amazing!

www.fashionrailways.com

Kimberly August 26, 2012 at 8:50 PM  

I absolutely love your sweater pick.. The color is so classic and your styling idea is great! I'll definitely be checking your site for inspiration in the future!

I'm your newest follower via google. I'd love it if you could check out my blog sometime and maybe follow as well?!

xoxo
http://sensiblestylista.blogspot.com/

s August 26, 2012 at 9:19 PM  

love the gorgeous sweater! xO! xO!
www.thehautecookie.com

Pink and Fabulous August 26, 2012 at 9:40 PM  

Love that green sweater! So cute!

cranberryportage August 26, 2012 at 11:33 PM  

Thank you for reading my blog and I am a new follower and will have your blog in the top 10 reader. I love the golf shirt style because I love the game of golf. Good luck in your move it's too bad I couldn't pack for you. According to my daughter, I should get an award for the best packer.

Alexa August 27, 2012 at 12:10 AM  

really love that sweater <3 great color and it looks super comfy!

Alexa <3
http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

Julie Tucker-Wolek August 27, 2012 at 8:32 AM  

Ohhh I am loving that sweater!! Good luck with the packing!!

Lauren August 27, 2012 at 9:46 AM  

Love the jumper

Lauren,
Fashionswirls.blogspot.com
Laurensbeautydepartment.blogspot.com

Marietta Nixon September 27, 2012 at 11:39 AM  

Love the sweater and I hear you about having to pack away your clothes for school! I went to school 2 hours away, so I had to pack summer/fall into one... not fun, and of course it seemed like each year the closets got smaller and smaller! Does Salmon Cove also sell girls sweaters? I promised my daughter a shopping "trip" for the fall. Thanks for the post!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP