Wearing Lilly into Fall

 Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Today is my last day before classes start and I cannot wait! I know that sounds a little sarcastic but its true. The first day of classes is my favorite. I love to meet my new professors, get adjusted to my schedule, and of course dress to impress my new classmates.

If you look inside my closet right now it would be easy to notice that most of my clothing is Lilly Pulitzer. I have to admit I went a little too crazy at the Endless Summer sale and with a 80% sale at a via store. Accordingly my whole wardrobe is ready for summer and not for fall. Although it is still hot and humid here in VA I am already mentally putting together some outfits to wear my lilly pieces into the fall and even early winter.

pink

Who says pink is not a fall color? I plan on wearing pink year round (only on Wednesdays) but through sweaters, cardigans, and even shoes! I love the briar skirt in the Lilly perfume pattern and would pair it with a simple hot pink cardigan for the fall. Cowboy boots are a go-to for me and bridge summer shoes with winter snowboots.

fall




For most school days when I am not in a dress or skirt I relax with a cute top and jeans. Usually I'll tuck the jeans into boots, but on the rare occasion I dont I choose to wear sperrys. They are definitely a great alternative for college students. Most "fashion" shoes do not feature a great arch support and sperrys are a perfect in between a flat and a sneaker. 

For my makeup I keep my look as simple as possible. I wear light pinks, browns, and beiges. I always wear mascara and leave my hair down. I tend to favor natural makeup and hair styles.


steph




I love Lilly Pulitzer shifts for multiple reasons. The wide strap is perfect all seasons and the cut flatters my figure. For the fall and winter I stick a cardigan over the dress or when Im feeling adventurous I layer a button down underneath.

For those of you who favor a summer wardrobe like me, how do you incorporate your bright clothes into the fall?

15 comments:

My Scrambled Style September 5, 2012 at 7:01 AM  

I love the pink cardigan. The color is so pretty.

Xo
http://myscrambledstyle.blogspot.nl/

Julie Tucker-Wolek September 5, 2012 at 7:56 AM  

Loving the colors!!! Beautiful outfits!!!

Shahrz─üd September 5, 2012 at 8:01 AM  

love the green dress!

http://leguidedelama.blogspot.com
Don't forget to watch my MakeUp Tuto-->
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dtuph8EgUI&feature=plcp

Sazi Efionayi September 5, 2012 at 8:07 AM  

love the collections

http://sazistopsecret.blogspot.com/

Real College Student of Atlanta September 5, 2012 at 8:17 AM  

great post, just because fall is coming doesn't mean the bright and fun colors have to stop! <3

Jessica September 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

I LOVE that first outfit. SO cute!!

Jessica September 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM  

Can you tell us where to get all of these outfits?

Cotton September 5, 2012 at 9:00 AM  

the bright patterns are perfect for fall, in my opinion!! Adds a little cheer to each day :)

Kristen September 5, 2012 at 9:06 AM  

Great picks! I think there are plenty of bright colors that transition well into fall and I plan on wearing them!!

Mrs. Jones September 5, 2012 at 9:16 AM  

I pair a lot of light and dark - and scarves! I found a Murfee for under $30 at a local department store. It might be coming home with me soon. I'm just purchasing Lilly for the first time as I find it on sale.... but I'm in love!

Emily September 5, 2012 at 11:31 AM  

Love the first and third outfits!! I don't have very many good Lilly transition pieces, but I love that last dress.

xx laughliveandshop.blogspot.com

CDS September 5, 2012 at 4:44 PM  

You can totally wear LIlly in teh fall. I had a great pair of cords that were lilly. :) xoxo

s September 5, 2012 at 5:24 PM  

my faves are all of the pinks! love love love! xO!
www.thehautecookie.com

erica September 5, 2012 at 11:33 PM  

Loving the inspiration! xo

Alexa September 7, 2012 at 11:57 PM  

so many great looks <3 i always love your posts!

Alexa <3
http://sleepeatbreathefashion.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP