How to beat the storm...

 Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Have you been hit by Hurricane Sandy? Luckily, my school is located far enough away where we are not getting the worst of the storm. It is cold but very doable. 

I know its terrible but as soon as internet/power goes out I never know what to do with myself. At this point I even read on my Ipad which only has a set amount of battery life. My go to entertainment in these kind of situations? Music!

Ive put together some mixes just for you!

Disclaimer: I have a very specific taste in music. I tend to favor alternative pop/rock with a female lead if that makes any sense.

  1. Dog Days Are Over by Florence + The Machine
  2. Send Me On My Way by Rusted Root
  3. 5 Years Time by Noah and The Whale
  4. On the Radio by Regina Spektor
  5. King of Anything by Sara Bareilles
  6. In the Sun by She & Him
  7. Baby Love by The Supremes
  8. Piazza, New York Catcher by Belle & Sebastian
  9. Good People by Jack Johnson
  10. The Way I Am by Ingrid Michaelson
  11. Shake It Out by Florence + The Machine
  12. Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da by The Beatles
  13. Put Your Records On by Corinne Bailey Rae

It takes me a while for a song to make it into my rotation. I prefer to mix in some old songs with current ones and Regina Spektor/Ingrid Michaelson always makes me smile.

Please respond today with a playlist of your own or a song that makes you smile!


6 comments:

Julie Tucker-Wolek October 31, 2012 at 7:50 AM  

Glad you are ok from the storm.... loving your playlist!! I love everything from rock 'n' roll to pop to jazz to indie ... just everything! :)

Laure,  October 31, 2012 at 4:04 PM  

I am French, I read your blog since a little while, and today you just made me discover musics which we don't know here in France! In any case your blog is really nice and tempts to discover USA.

Lauren October 31, 2012 at 4:50 PM  

Great music choices, hope your ok in the storm

Lauren
x

Cotton November 1, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

If you watch the voice/ like Hey Monday, I met Cassadee Pope in school at a local bar where she was doing an acoustic show and fell in love with her! As if I wasn't obsessed already, her selections from this season's The Voice competition are on itunes and are fabulous! Go check em out!

CDS November 1, 2012 at 9:02 PM  

I've been glued to the news. We had a near miss in Florida, but still had some closures last Friday!

Jenn November 6, 2012 at 1:41 AM  

I'm LOVING this playlist! I'm thinking it could make a great work out playlist too :) fantastic choices!

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP