Black Friday!

 Sunday, November 25, 2012

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving and made out like a bandit on Black Friday!

This holiday was very low-key for me. I had a paper to write and there wasnt anything in particular I needed to wait in lines for.

Black friday shopping is almost tradition for me. I love the thrill of the early morning lines and deals. This year, however, I skipped early Friday shopping and instead started earlier on Thursday. I hit up my local outlet mall.

Here is what I got:
black friday


I have come to the point where my closet is made up of purely bold prints. My style favors feminine florals, bright novelty prints and I do not usually wear plain colors. One of my favorite looks in the winter is a plain outfit and colorful scarf but unfortunately I do not have that many basics to create that kind of outfit. So when I found these three basic pieces on super sale at J.Crew's outlet on Thursday I picked them up.


outfit1
This J.Crew Wool Sweater Dress came out to a cool $30. Its very warm and practical. Every year I find it harder and harder to find fashion forward sweater dresses that are flattering. When I spotted this simple but stunning dress I knew I needed it in my closet! I plan on wearing it with a skinny belt, some flats and a colorful murfee!

outfit 2

Some of my favorite basic tops come from J.Crew. I find their tees to be so comfortable. On Black Thursday I picked up this top for $8. Its a lovely color that looks good with both black and brown so I have a lot of options as to styling it this winter. I love the look of tucking it into a black skirt with tights and boots. As you can see I am very into scarves this season!

What did you pick up this black Friday? 

10 comments:

Jessica November 25, 2012 at 10:56 AM  

I got boots for $15 :)

I really like the new stuff that you got. its very pretty!

Julie Tucker-Wolek November 25, 2012 at 11:07 AM  

Loving your new goodies!! I had to work Friday -- but we went out and supported "Small Business Saturday" and visited some local small merchants on Saturday instead :)

Niki Caron November 25, 2012 at 11:29 AM  

I love that mint top - I can't believe you got it for $8! That's incredible! And the wool dress is amazing too! Great finds!!!

the creation of beauty is art. November 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM  

You got some very cute stuff. I really like that scarf! For Black Friday, I just picked up a couple of DVDs. We don't really do Black Friday in Canada, but it is slowly making its way here.
the-creationofbeauty.blogspot.com

Alicia, River City Chic November 25, 2012 at 2:30 PM  

i LOVE the j.crew factory store (used to work there, guess what i spent my whole paycheck on...). that sweater dress is super cute and so versatile/necessary for winter!

Alissa November 25, 2012 at 8:14 PM  

I did not venture out for black Friday but I did some online shopping. Alas I did not buy anything for me, as tempting as the J. Crew sale was!

Turtles and Pearls November 25, 2012 at 8:15 PM  

Love the sweater dress! I got a couple of button downs and a wool skirt at J. Crew Factory. The sale was awesome!!

Kallee November 26, 2012 at 10:56 PM  

Ok, so I am obsessed. These are great finds!
Loves,
Kallee

SouthernBelle January 6, 2013 at 1:18 PM  

I love the second outfit!! So cute!

xoxo,

aHc

SouthernBelleJoy.blogspot.com

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP