Tights

 Monday, November 5, 2012

It is so cold here. I made the mistake of thinking that I would be able to go home for Thanksgiving break and switch my summer clothes for my winter wardrobe. Every morning I look at my Lillys and bright florals and wish that I had remembered to pack more sweater dresses and scarves.

My one necessity to surviving winter? Tights! By sticking a pair of tights under one of my sundresses I can extend the life of my clothing. Since my wardrobe is 50% dresses they are a lifesaver!

Here are a few of my favorite tights in stores right now.


tights




I am loving the black polka dot and cable style tights. A little pattern goes a long way.

I tend to stick to neutral colors in tights but I know some girls who can really pull off the colored variety. For the pretty style I find ivories and blacks to be the easiest to wear but I want to know:

What tights are your favorite? Do you go crazy in patterns and colors or stick to plain hosiery?

11 comments:

Cotton November 5, 2012 at 8:36 AM  

polka dot tights are super feminine!

Psycho Cat November 5, 2012 at 9:34 AM  

I really love polka dots tights too <3

Alissa November 5, 2012 at 10:15 AM  

I have a couple of polka dots ones and then I have a couple of striped ones that I really like.

Kristen November 5, 2012 at 12:56 PM  

I love tights too! I usually just go black. I've seen some really cool options lately I just may have to try.

Tory Banknell November 5, 2012 at 7:24 PM  

I live in tights during the fall and winter. I get so tired of jeans so they allow me to mix it up and wear the dresses that I love but still be appropriate.

Anonymous,  November 5, 2012 at 8:13 PM  

I love tights! The trick to wearing color tights....is to just go buy some! Then go home and have some fun!

Niki Caron November 6, 2012 at 5:02 PM  

I love tights! Especially ribbed and cable knit ones!!!

YUMMommy November 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM  

I love bright colored and patterned tights. They can add flare to even the simplest of outfits.

Post a Comment

Thanks for reading my blog! Tell me what you think of this post. I like to comment on every blog that comments on mine!

The Preppy Student. Powered by Blogger.

Back to TOP